HybridZ

HEADS UP On CHEAP CAR TRAILER In Atlanta GA!

Mikelly

My first cartrailer didn't have brakes. It wasn't a big deal, you just had to drive slower, give more gap and be extra cautions in the rain.

The Trailer I bought from Doug Carrow (Synlubes) has trailer brakes and is a very well made trailer. I'll keep it until I move to an enclosed unit.

For the money, this trailer in Atlanta would be a good deal for sure. You can retrofit electric brakes for less than $250.

Mike

My first cartrailer didn't have brakes. It wasn't a big deal' date=' you just had to drive slower, give more gap and be extra cautions in the rain.

The Trailer I bought from Doug Carrow (Synlubes) has trailer brakes and is a very well made trailer. I'll keep it until I move to an enclosed unit.

For the money, this trailer in Atlanta would be a good deal for sure. You can retrofit electric brakes for less than $250.

Mike[/quote']

Mikes right,

the trailer's axles will have the 4-hole square plate on it for the brake's backing plate to bolt to. Simply slide off the idler (non-brake) hubs, bolt on the backing plate, install the brake hardware, slide on the brake hubs, and wire it up. You could also install a hydraulic brake package, but it will be more difficult to install as you will most likely have to cut off the current coupler and weld on a hydraulic one. But you could pull it with any vehicle, and not have to have an electric brake controller on the tow vehicle like for electric brakes.

In SC, anything over 3500# gross has to have brakes. My 18ft open center dovetail is ~1400 and the Z is ~2500 or ~3900 total and that 16ft with rack is probably close to the same. GA is probably as strict or stricter than SC since we've always been known for being a little slacker than our neighbors when it comes to highway safety.:)