HybridZ

255/50/15 tire

I looking for tires for 240z, I would like to run 225/50/15 and looking for cars with this size tire on them . Just want to get an idea of what they look like on the 240z. Any running this size and have some pic's of you car can you post them or send them to me. If at all possible send some of different angles please thanks.

I have those for my stock ride height 240. Unfortunately no pics right now. But without lowering they don't do a very good job of filling the wheel wells. Unfortunately no pics are readily available so hope someone comes in with some.

BTW, people are saying tires in that size are getting increasingly more difficult to find. What brand of tire do you plan to run? My current tires have been sitting unused for 15 years so I need some new rubber.

I wouldn't get the falkens. those tires are crap compared to a pair of bfg's.

I ran those ze512 in 205-50-15 and i could kick out the back rather easily...

my kumho ecsta 711 225-50-15 are much better (for grip).

I don't know if it has more to do with the size, but the difference is very noticable.

Here are some pics I took saturday before the blizzard. I just had the tires mounted last week and put them saturday. The ones on it were 195/70/14(picture is of same day before putting on new tires), I had a steering wheel shimmy at 80 that was driving me nuts, had the tires balanced twice and rotated them twice to no avail. The new tires are 225/50/15 on rewinds, gForce Sports. I had the new ones force mounted and road balanced on a hunter machine. I drove it saturday and couldn't wipe the grin from my face. NO vibration at all up to 100+. I also put urethane steering rack bushings, control arm and a steering coupler in. The steering wheel was smooth as silk through all speeds. The tires are amazing, awesome grip. They are actually going on my 240zt, but this one was registered and inspected so I was getting sick of driving my truck and put them on the 280 for the day(glad I did). I recommend them fully. I plan on putting silver rewinds with these tires on this car. Do people think the silver will look better or should I stay with graphite? Hope these pics help.

Chris

280front.jpg280back.jpg280backside.jpg280after.jpgrewind2255015bfgsport.jpgrewind2255015bfgsport2.jpg280before.jpg

Wow: Thanks Chris just what I was looking for as I also have graphite rewinds. My car is lowered as well, and I was considering the gforce sport. I just wasn't sure how grip they would have, but reading you post I take it they will work well on my 240zt.

I am running the G force sports on my Z as well. 245/45-17 in the back and 215/55-16's up front. I got mine on sale at the tire rack. I think they were 300 bucks shipped to my doorstep. Not bad for a ZR rated tire and they wear well too.

Mike

I am also running the 225/50 15 G-Force sports on my 77 280ZT and they are great for the price. I ran them all last autocross season plus a drivers education day at Roebling Roads Raceway and I will run them again this year. They are a great tire, enjoy!

HB280ZT