HybridZ

Why so much money??

EvilC

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-Fiberglass-Cowl-Induction-Hood_W0QQitemZ8036902477QQcategoryZ33646QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I might get yelled at here but I am confused why this hood is going for over $1000.00 and it is 20 yrs old. Can someone tell what is so special about it. Thanks...hope I don't get down pour of bad response.

Ha, ebay and the games some sellers like to play.

Well, considering the hood started out at $200, its more like the games buyers like to play..... I used to own the full kit, (California Z kit) with that hood, and I certainly wouldnt pay that much now, but I would pay a decent amount for the full kit. Seems like the complete kit with fenders, quarters, hood, airdam, and whale tail went for about $2500 back in the 80's.

I tried to buy a Cowl hood from JC Whitney a couple years ago and they no longer sell them for the Datsun. I ended up buying the same hood as in the E-bay photo, got it home worked on it, decided it was more lift than I wanted.

I than bought a steel hood from a yard in California.

I have seen cowl hoods with a 2" lip on other cars I just can't find one for sale.

I paid $300 and about $80 for Grey hound shipping.

Judging by the bidder ratings, I would say the seller was playing games. The 0 feedback bidders are generally sellers. Lots of times sellers bid up buyers then do a second chance offer.

Personally, I prefer a fully louvered steel hood. I believe it was a Datsun option on the purchase of a new 280Z. MSA sells them for $799.00 but they are genuine Nissan parts. I just went to the local pick and pull and picked up a hood for $20 then went to the local hot rod guys house and had the hood louvered for $1/louver (all 82 of them). The hood gives all that heat a place to go and gets a little air flow going.

Here is a pic of my hood:

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=5859&cat=500&ppuser=8105

I prefer a fully louvered steel hood...I just went to the local pick and pull and picked up a hood for $20 then went to the local hot rod guys house and had the hood louvered for $1/louver (all 82 of them). The hood gives all that heat a place to go and gets a little air flow going.

Man, that's a nice hood! I always wondered about those louvered hoods I would occasionally see....now I know where they came from! That's a great idea about going to the hot rod guy's house and having him do it for you.

Davy

Guest Paul Felker

HI, That was my auction, and there was nothing shady on my end of this auction! The "winner" of my auction has not responded to me all, so I think he was trying to run up the bid. The guy that came in second, I gave him a second chance offer and he accepted it, he said that was about what he was willing to spend, we worked out a deal, and as of wedensday the hood is his. I've been getting emails from a guy stating that i'm contacting him from the UK saying (IP address from what this guy is saying) that i'm giving a second chance offer, which I haven't to sell the hood to him for 400.00. So i'm ont really sure what is going on, but I think someone was driving up the bid, well they did a dam good job. I checked the auction after it closed and i nearly fell out of my chair when I saw what it went for! Hell I started the auction out at 200.00 hoping to get 300.00! So in short I didn't do anything wrong on my end of this whole thing. Now I can afford to finish my megasquirt and some of the other things on my list. Oh yeah my feedback is pretty good except for the one thing, and that was TOTALLY my fault!!!