HybridZ

G-nose question

BayAreaZT

weird..

was it previously installed in a car by the previous owner??

With a Gnose, you need special hinges, or the use of stock hinges, swings the hood out and up... using the stock hinges will cause the hood to hit the Gnose and potentially crack it...

Im thinking, the previous owner, had no idea he needed special hinges, so he kept hitting the Gnose...

soo.. in order to fix this problem, he trimmed a few inches off the leading edge to allow the hood to open and close freely...

(i would of just used hood pins, so it doesn't have to swing open)

Anyway.... no the gap should be no bigger than 1/4" but that is still pretty large... look at the gap between the hood and the fenders.. should be no larger than that.

The units from "showcars" up in Canada had issues with some gaps between the hood and back edge of the nose. Also, some of the racer parts made by DIY types that I've seen have always had issues there due to shrinkage of the molds they were setup on.

Mike

Here's a pic of the g-nose I picked up this weekend. It has a BSR type airdam on it which is why I wanted it. Needs a lot of work because it has cracks and the PO cut it up to open the hood with the stock hinges. The car also has a fiberglass cowl hood and centerline wheels. I'm probably going to try and salvage the g-nose, keep the rear end and tranny, and part out the rest.

gnose.jpg