HybridZ

Tire recommendations- please

the time has come for me to get new tires for my 240zt, I found three brand but I'm not sure what tire would work best ( 225-50-15). I drive my car from spring until

the first snow falls, and only on sunny days. I'm looking for input form anyone that has run one of these tires or have any experience with them. The brands I'm looking at are the Falkens ziex-512, Nito Nt-450 and the BGGoodrich G-Force sport.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySize.do?sw=false&cs=225&ar=50&rd=15

Thanks

Go to www.tirerack.com . They have a function that will allow you to compare the tires for about a dozen different features.

You might also see if the Discount site has a similar function. Then you'd have more information and maybe the question could be a bit more specific. By the way - the 225/50-14 tire is a very limited availability size.

I've had very good success with Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions in that size (225/50-15). Have even won time trials on them vs. Kumhos and other DOT race rubber when my Hoosiers were corded!

I wouldn't bother with all-season tires if there's zero chance you'll be driving in snow. Summer tires grip mucho-better-o.

IM about to get some Ziex's on my car, from what Ive heard they are pretty good, it was a choice between them and the BFG sports taht you speak of.

The thing that swayed me at the time was the price, 59.10 mounted and balanced per tire.

Couldnt go wrong if they are pretty good.

I had Khumo 711's that were of the V rated variety till they stopped makign them, they were really good, gripped well and lasted a good while even with going to the track.

If you only drive your car in good weather, you probably don't put alot of miles on it a year. I would run something a little softer and enjoy the ride instead of getting a tire that will probably become hard before it wears out. Falken Azenis are probably the best street tire as far as traction and Toyo RA1's if you want to stick a little better and don't mind a little more wear.