HybridZ

New Turbine Housing Kicks Arse at 12psi!!!

violacleff

So some of you who have followed my posts know that I've been running a T58/TS04 with a Euro T4 1.15ar housing. What this means is that i've been driving a turbo car (when's it works, usually doesn't) without ever feeling any boost. And I mean never. This thing wouldn't even begin to spin until about 4k rpm. PATHETIC! So I finally bought a T3 .63ar ceramic coated housing, and had it machined to fit the P-trim wheel. Picked it up after having it installed at vildini along with a bunch of other work done and well...

THIS CAR IS FRIGGIN WICKED NOW!!! I mash it in first gear and the thing spools up like an F16!!! You oughta see the faces of the poor bastards on my driver's side when the external wastegate opens to the atmosphere! Scares the hell out of them and me! LOL Not to mention the confused look at the sound of the Greddy Type R blowing off. I mean this car is a completely different animal. The tires are screaming uncle in second gear. Unfortunately I have to shift slow into 3'rd until I get a short shifter or it grinds. But the power in third....Oh Man!

I took some video on the drive back from Vildini. I was driving like a wuss cause I was very nervous and wasn't used to the power. I'll get some better ones later. However luck would have it that I met a Ford GT40 on a clear toll road coming back and caught it on tape! I'll have justin post it asap. Actually we passed by 2 on the way back. What are the odds?!!

Well enough rambling. I still have some electric gremlins haunting me, but I am so happy with the performance. Its been months since I've even driven the car after the tranny shop fiasco. Oh yeah btw, I'm running a pig rich conservative tune right now ti'll I can get to a dyno. I'm only at 50% of my potential if that. stay posted for some vids.

Hmmmm, watcha gonna do with that 1.15 A/R housing?

BTW, the T3 used on Euro ZXT's was a .82 A/R, while the JDM L20ET had a .43 A/R (hot side A/R only). I really liked my .43 A/R on the US Turbo when I had it, made AutoX very entertaining. Nothing like getting 17psi at like 2000rpms! (1500 boost threshold at 10psi!)

Guest 280ZForce

i'm workin on uploadin those vids right now...they ain't much to look @ it, cuz he drives like a grandma! but all in all, it'd haul arse if he pushed it some more.

he'll make a new thread when i load/link them 2 him.

we're gonna meet up this week sometime 2 make some better vids now that he aint so scared.

although no boost controller sucks, cuz he has soooo much more potential. 12 psi on his forged stroker motor isn't sh*t. but his w/g opens @ 12psi, so that's where we got it for now.