HybridZ

Water injection

zane9000

I was planing on building a water injection system for my l28et and had a few questions.

1. Would it be ok to use a left over NA fuel injector as a water injector and have it open only when the pump is on?

2. I have read you can run all water or a mix of alky and water. What are some personal experiances with this?

Thanks,

Warren

I was planing on building a water injection system for my l28et and had a few questions.

1. Would it be ok to use a left over NA fuel injector as a water injector and have it open only when the pump is on?

2. I have read you can run all water or a mix of alky and water. What are some personal experiances with this?

Thanks' date='

Warren[/quote']

DO NOT use a fuel injector unless it's got SS innards.

Google water injection and you'll get tons of info.

I use a 50/50 (water/methanol) mix ready made in windshield washer fluid.

Instead of using injectors...Use window washer jets and hook the pump upto a switch or relay...Seems alot more logical to me. My R30 had a HUGE pump for the window washer jets so im assuming a Z car would have use the same style, so maybe you could use the Z car window washer setup for water injection?

Oh water injector for what by the way? The intercooler?

The reason I wanted to use the fuel injector instead of the windshield washer jets because i figured the fuel injectors would do a better job of making a mist rather than a stream.

I have done a bit more reading since my last post and I think I will be using pure methanol, then would it be ok to use fuel injectors w/o SS innards? I assumed you brought that up so I wouldn't have to deal with corrosion.

My set up would be similar to GaryZee's where he used a windshield washer pump and a pressure switch to control the whole thing. The only difference would be the injector I use and instead of using a regular fluid container like he did I think I will use the sealed set up that spork suggests.

I will be running a centrifugal s/c w/o intercooler. It should be running around 16-17 lbs of boost.

Sorry I was a little light on details before, I was in a bit of a hurry at work.

get a real water injection kit, like aquamist. don't be cheap like all the other clowns who have it on their cars, and cry because lines break, pumps go out all the time. i never had one problem with my aquamist kit.

don't use the fuel injector, for one, thats way too much cc of water to be spraying into the motor. it takes a lot less then that

dr_hunt: This is an EFI setup Im building.

Silent: Thanks for the advice, but I think Im gunna go ahead and clown it up. I would rather just see if I can make something myself rather than buy a whole kit. Thats half the fun man! And thanks for the tip about fuel injectors being to big. I will find somthing else.

Alright, thanks for the help guys. I found a water nozzel made by a company called arizona mist. I should be able to mount it to my throttle body without too much trouble. I will be also be running pure methanol.

Thanks for all of your replies!

Warren