HybridZ

have a miss uptop, pops flames, etc etc.. HELP HELP HELP HELP!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

okay i dunno what the deal is.

Car is running a pretty much stock L28ET motor, mild ported head... talking very mild. mild ported N42 intake manifold, T3 turbo, stock internals, 2mm headgasket so my compression is a tad lower the stock.

its being ran on MSnS-extra.

other day ago we were street tuning my Z, at 7psi it was fine, weather was pretty crisp and around 70 to mid 60 degrees.. was around 12.5 at WOT to about 11.9 right at redline. tried to tune for 12psi... run into a miss up to and pop and breaks up, pops flames and all that crap.

never got to look at the AFR's when it happened so i dunno if its going rich or lean but my guess would be lean...

now.. i thought hey maybe my spark gap is to high at .032.. dropped it to .027 or so and still same problem...

it has a BRAND NEW and known to be good: Blaster 2 coil, NKG wires, Good Dizzy, new plugs, MSD box..

i cant figure it out..

if i pop boost up a tad to 8psi it does it, 9psi it does it, 10psi and up.. it seems like the higher the boost the eariler the miss comes on, but it could be that the car is just reving up way faster with the added boost.

now.. last night it was doing it at 7psi, with the GReddy profec B turned off...

so with that said im thinking its in the Tune......

Thumper is saying its not..

what you guys think? what you think i should double check?

any ideas???

mike

i experienced the same problems your saying but with my turbo honda. What it was, was my injectors im upgraded to had a spray pattern that did not cooperate well with my engine. Perhaps you might have the same deal? just throwing out ideas...

Hey mike just had an idea. It might be the fuel injectors. Remember when we had two stuck injectors and then we loosened the hold downs and they started to work. Well I would loosen all the hold downs and lightly tigheten them. Then hook up your wideband and make sure it isn't running lean. Damn umm just remember I never saw your a/f ratios go lean when you had this problem so that might not be the problem but its still worth a try only 5 minutes to do.

Guest ON3GO

i was thinking that sorta too.

remember my car has that bad vacuum leak at the injector that i sorta fixed with the zip tie.. well what if it at the higher boost levels and higher rpms the engine moves alot more causing that vacuum leak to happen......

what ya think?

i was thinking that sorta too.

remember my car has that bad vacuum leak at the injector that i sorta fixed with the zip tie.. well what if it at the higher boost levels and higher rpms the engine moves alot more causing that vacuum leak to happen......

what ya think?

I don't think you can actually "fix" anything with a zip tie... can you? ;)

Sounds like a possibility though.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

My car is not a Turbo, but every time I have had a high rpm miss it has been ignition timing related. Each time I have advanced the timing a bit and my miss has always been cured. Try it and see if it helps.

Later,Norm