HybridZ

L28ET dyno numbers at Base boost????

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

anybody ever dyno there Z's with stock T3's and 7psi?

other mods i dont care about..

my old setup i did 168rwhp and 225lbs if i remember correctly.

with just 7psi, starion fmic, stock injectors, 77 dizzy and ecu...

mike

Yes. Well "stock 7 psi" being wastegate only, spiking to ~8psi and dropping to 4.5psi at redline I made 211rwhp and 251ft-lbs of torque.

With a boost controller holding closer to 6psi to redline I made 232rwhp and 281ft-lbs.

Mods:

60mmtb

N42head ~8.3:1 CR

440cc/min injectors

SDS EFI

Medium NPR I/C

3" mandrel bent exhaust

2.5" mandrel bent DP

Port matched intake

Finally have a decent boost controller coming in, (Turbosmart e_boost2) since my MBC blew up... I should be able to actually hold 6-7psi through the entire rev range with that setup... I'll try to post a comprehensive comparison between boost levels once I get that going and get my car on the dyno.

Guest ON3GO

okay then i did okay.

made 229rwhp and 291lbs...

full solid 7psi with the Profec B turned on to hold boost.

tried to dyno at higher boost levels but kept getting a miss.. like i said in my other post..

mike

I had issues I wanted to sort out before turning up the wick, so I sorted. Traction was allready an issue in autocross and I didn't think more power was going to make me much faster around the track. Now that I've added a quaife I might actually be able to put some more power to the ground.

As for whether I got a good deal on it... well I get a good deal on everything in reality. The perks of owning a performance shop: you don't pay retail for anything! I will post up some info on the e_boost2 once I get a chance to play with it a bit.

And Mike, I'm glad I am not the only one getting those numbers on low boost. I've had my numbers questioned so many times! Now at least there are 2 of us in that ballpark.

Guest ON3GO

ya i thought i was real low on HP but good on torque.. guess i did pretty well.

im pissed about a few things..

1. no AFR readings.. :( i wouldnt be pissed if my LM1 wasnt broke.

2. no fricken print outs of my dyno sheets, wasnt allowed to even dyno but it got sneaked by :D..

3. i think i could get more out of it at 7psi but really who cares.

mike

nategdizzlewhat is the most boost a person can run with 280zxt injectors normally

I just swapped over to a megasquirt and the most boost I could run with the stock injectors was 15psi.

Drax240zYes. Well "stock 7 psi" being wastegate only, spiking to ~8psi and dropping to 4.5psi at redline I made 211rwhp and 251ft-lbs of torque.

With a boost controller holding closer to 6psi to redline I made 232rwhp and 281ft-lbs.

How does a bad boost controller make you run less than stock boost? The stock wastegate diaphram won't even pull open at all at 4.5 psi making your boost controller a mute point. There has to be something else wrong with the turbo (worn, or exhaust leak, or poor tuning) that would make it not at least put out 7psi.

Guest ON3GO

hehe thanks Drax..

im fixing my miss problem right now as i type and ill see how well she will do at higher boost.. then comes the nitrous... then comes the bigger turbo and custom exhaust manifold, then comes the nitrous with all of that... then built motor... then.... 2JZ.. lol

but this 7psi stuff is getting boring!

mike

I just swapped over to a megasquirt and the most boost I could run with the stock injectors was 15psi.

How does a bad boost controller make you run less than stock boost? The stock wastegate diaphram won't even pull open at all at 4.5 psi making your boost controller a mute point. There has to be something else wrong with the turbo (worn' date=' or exhaust leak, or poor tuning) that would make it not at least put out 7psi.[/quote']

I always thought it was the fuel pump that wouldnt allow more boost not the injectors..

• 2 months later...

Great numbers!. I am currently building a n54 block .40 over w/ turbo pistons and a n42 head to replace my stock block turbo motor. its great to see the outcome. I should be at about 8.4 cr depending on the head gasket. What head gasket did you guys use. I don't have an intercooler yet, how much boost can i run with this setup untill i do?

I always thought it was the fuel pump that wouldnt allow more boost not the injectors..

No. If it could, people would be buying bigger fuel pumps not bigger injectors.

It's limited by the flow rate of the injectors. You can compensate for the flow rate a little by increasing the fuel pressure, but it won't overcome the limited flow rate of the injectors when you start to hit higher boost settings.

I should be at about 8.4 cr depending on the head gasket. What head gasket did you guys use. I don't have an intercooler yet, how much boost can i run with this setup untill i do?

I wouldn't run more than 10 or 12 psi without an intercooler unless you have a better than stock fuel management system.