HybridZ

chevy twin turbo headers

I really doubt those will fit in a Z car. If your not dead set on headers you could just use a set of "ram horn" style manifolds and turn them upside down. You would have to modify the flange though or make an adapter...

Do a search for "silicon boy" he has a twin turbo set up in his Z. He might be able to help you.

Guy

Yes, I looked at those Banks units and they are stupid expensive. I'll try to post a picture of mine tonight. I simply took a set of Corvette LT1 headers, flipped them over, cut off the original flange, and welded on the turbo flange you will need. They fit perfectly onder the stock hood of a Z if you are using a T3/T4 hybrid. Believe me, I have tried many different configurations and this idea hit me in a dream. I made many diffent prototypes and none of them worked out very well. I even bought some sweet custom stainless units and they didn't work in the tight confines of the Z.The great thing is, these headers cost me hardly anything to make and have built in aluminum heat shields (I even put header wrap between the headers and heat shields for more thermal efficiency). Given the fact that they fit in the tight Z quarters, they would definitely work in a universal application

I have bought a set of Stahl bolt pattern adapters (aluminum) and 3/8" header flange (steel) to match, and plan to make the headers similar to this guy:

http://www.grapeaperacing.com/

There is a guy on Ebay that makes some great adapters and flanges for a very reasonable price. I will be running 2 x TO4 Garretts on a 357ci SBC.

...I will be running 2 x TO4 Garretts on a 357ci SBC.
Tim, when are you going to fill us in on your project(s)? Maybe you did and I missed it, but I thought the last post you made about a project had to do with a stock restoration.