HybridZ

are you going it alone or do you have help

Guest Gr8White

I do most of my work on my own, but for me "alone" is a subjective term. I can honestly say that there isn't a single part of my project that I have attempted without researching this or that on this site. Of course I'm a Z newbie, but the wealth of information and helpful (and perhaps more importantly, patient) individuals on this site is incredible. Everyone I talk to on this site is helpful and it seems genuinely interested in helping out or supporting everyone's projects. My first muscle car was (is) a Mustang, and many of these Mustang sites are nowhere near as friendly and helpful, in fact many of the forums/individuals spend considerable bandwidth bickering back and forth between each other (or small groups vs. another small group) and it grows old after a while. The one thing I can say about the HybridZ club is that it seems like a much tighter, friendlier and cohesive group. I guess I'm getting off point but in my case doing it alone doesn't necessarily mean doing it all yourself!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do home inspections to support my habit ( too many Z's). One day I'm inspecting a house which has a detached garage in the backyard. The garage isn't facing the house or street but the house next door, which I notice has the same size detached garage facing this one. The realtor says these two neighbors were car guys and would work on there cars together and could talk back and forth while they were working on their cars. I thought wow that must have been neat.

I guess this site is about the next best thing.

Like most of the things I have done in my life I am doing this alone. The Z is my project and my closest friend thinks I should part the car out. He is into alfa's and has the money to do it. Home and kids take a lot of my time now so if I were to do it again I would have left the six in and just made it a nice car.

Don