HybridZ

ready to start, need help

Well for those of you who dont remember, I finally got pretty close to cranking her over, lt1 355ci with a t56 in my 240z

Got it jerry rigged to see iif she cranks, feeding power off my roomates car, and i was able to wire in everything. Key acc gets power to all accesories, key on gets power to the ecu, fan relay and fuel pump relay, then when i crank, it sends the signal to the starter but damn, it barely turns over, very slowly and then just clicks.

Now i know i know, its ghetto riged for now, are the grounds and power feeds that important that it would not get enough juice ?

alright guys, decided against the ghettoness and spent all day doing things right

Got my buddies optima in there. Ran a 2 guage ground to the starter bolt. Then a 2 gauge ground from the engine to the frame. Then another strap ground to the shock tower. Then 2 gauge wire to the starter for power. Then completely bypassed the dying ignition switch, went out and bought a badass switch board at a local race shop that looks trick with ignition flip switch, accesory flip switch and push button start, mounted it under the radio, and it has its own bulbs so everything lights up when you flip them, wired them all in with 10 gauge wire, heatshrinked, soldered and crimped everything. Wired in the fuel pump to the relay wired into my ecu as well as my fans. Flashed the ecu with tunercat to eliminate all uneeded things.

Got in the car, flipped the accesory switch, heard a relay and all lights and stuff work. Fliped the ignition and the fuel pump and fan relays kick on, fuel pump fires up, pressure builds to 43 psi from my pickup running through a gauge. Push the button, cranks hard and fires RIGHT UP.

No check engine lights, idles like a champ with a nice lope from the lt4 hotcam and 1.6 rockers through the open headers with a pipe bolted on for the o2 sensors. Everything seems fine. I was so damn excited, it was music to my ears!!!

The things sounds badass, and with my light flywheel, light valvetrain, no power steering, no ac, and no alternator yet and electric water pump, this thing revs like an indy car, just blip the throttle and its at 5000 rpm.

Cant wait, didnt want to play with it too much cause im still running through open headers and dont want to bend any valves.

I was very happy. Im only 22 and this is my first major muscle car style project i took upon myself to build a badass ride. Ive been tweaking imports for a few years and had a 99 gst eclipse to 400whp, but this is a whole different ball game. I love it.

Also installed my AZC willwood brakes, badasss. This next week my mosler half shafts come and my q45 adapter for my cv's . After that its on to the driveshaft shop and then to the muffler shop to get an exhaust. May even be able to drive it around the neighberhood next weekend!!!!!!!!

pshhhhhhhhhh who needs grounds, they are just dead weight :icon45:

if your engine doesn't run to its full potential because of a bad ground then the whole engine is dead weight. i try and make sure my engine is grounded so i used three seperate straps on my ZX, two on the engine and one on the tranny, never can be too sure. when i moved my battery to the trunk in my camaro i just grounded the battery to the trunk, little did i know that wasnt the end of my instalation. a few days later a friend of mine noticed i didnt have an engine ground strap so i made one from some battery cable. all i can say is WOW what a difference, you deffinetally need an engine ground strap, trust me.

Guest BiltWel

I had a bad ground (forgot the engine strap)when I cranked it over it torched the small ground and any wire touching it in the harness and cost me 10 hrs of pulling and rewiring.