HybridZ

Heads up on discount on tools from Amazon.com

Tim240z

Special Offer: National Tool Days $75 Off $300 Storewide Savings--March 11, 2006, to March 16, 2006, save $75 on any purchase of $300 or more on any items offered by Amazon.com in the Tools & Hardware Store. Use promotional code 75OFF300 at checkout. Offer applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.com. Offer must be redeemed at our Web site, http://www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products sold by Amazon.com. One per customer. This offer can not be combined with other offers on the site.

Just what I needed to push me over the edge in deciding to pull the trigger and order a drill press.

Delta 17-965 16-Speed 16-1/2" Floor Drill Press

List:$470

Sale Price: $412.99

free shipping and less discount: $377.99

Been wanting to order this for ages, but something has been holding me back....now I know what it was!!

Correct. You have to check out manually and not via the "one click" checkout. Click the radio button for saver shipping and add the code in the promotion box on the right side of the checkout page.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Drill press today!! Put together and it is sweet!!!

I must say, it was well packed and well greased. Not anywhere was there signs of rust/corrosion. Everything went together well with little effort and it seems to work well. I have not drilled anything yet, but it runs fairly quietly and smoothly. I don't have a dial indicator, so I can't check runout, but from the research I have done, runout tends to be very minimal. I am pretty stoked.

Drill1.jpg

Drill2.jpg

Drill3.jpg

An, new tools. Looks nice.

My compressor arrived today, but it had been dropped in shipping. The belt shroud and motor pulley got the worst of it. Just got off the phone with Amazon. It sounds like they are going to take care of this.