HybridZ

Dyno with stock damper? I am I taking a risk?

violacleff

The only problem I have heard of with the ATI dampner is the small crank pully,this was compensated for with a small (2") alternator pully and a helper electric water pump that comes on just before the fans and helps to cool the motor down between drag runs with a battery box hooked up.For a small fee ATI will put a larger pully on the dampner.From a seat of the pants feel the motor is smoother a high rpm`s.

Hey is the 240 2 row pully any good? I thought it was a solid one piece pully. I had mine balanced with my entire rotating mass when I built my L28, but now you guys have me all worried about my pully blowing up on high revs. :shock: how about the euro pully (one row) from MSA $209 US, does it suck? Has anyone ever just welded the two part together and then had it ballanced or is that a retarded idea?

I don't ever rev over 6.5k cause my motor doesn't make power that high anyway. so is my 240 pully ok?

Hey is the 240 2 row pully any good? I thought it was a solid one piece pully. I had mine balanced with my entire rotating mass when I built my L28' date=' but now you guys have me all worried about my pully blowing up on high revs. :shock: how about the euro pully (one row) from MSA $209 US, does it suck? Has anyone ever just welded the two part together and then had it ballanced or is that a retarded idea?

I don't ever rev over 6.5k cause my motor doesn't make power that high anyway. so is my 240 pully ok?[/quote']

If you were to put a solid pully on the engine as a balancer your engine would vibrate to pieces in no time, which means that if you were to weld the two parts together your engine would vibrate to pieces in no time. From what you discribe about your car you have nothing to worry about with a stock damper or a Euro damper. If you are paranoid about your damper now just check it each time you change your oil, make sure the bolt is tight, make sure the belts are the correct tightnes (you should be able to push down on the belt between the alternator and water pump and it should flex about 10mm or the thickness of the belt), then check your timing with a timing light. If your engine is running fine but your timing marks do not line up any more than the elastometer in the damper is failing and the damper will fail before long. The damper will usually but not always make a squeeling niose like a loose belt before it fails.