HybridZ

Joining the dark side.

Lunar240z

Don't get me wrong' date=' they'll make more horsepower, but it would seem that you're pushing things, and making them more and more likely to go pop once you get past that approximate mark.

Best of luck!

Dave[/quote']

Yes, once you go past the appropriate mark, that is when things go pop. Everything I am reading and hearing is that the hp mark for SR20DET's is about 400whp. If you go past that on stock internals, you are asking for trouble. At least, I hope that is correct. Since I am planning on staying around 360rwhp with stock internals. Guess I might not stay around that hp rating with stock internals if they go pop.

Ya, I have seen quite a few around the 400+ mark... but I havent seen anyone doing it with daily driving, abuse, ect over an extended amount of time, and the enjuku car is track-only, isnt it? I love the SR, but if I were going that route, I would either go with stronger parts, or at least plan too at some point, so I could have the peace of mind. Personally, I hate driving something that has a major unknown like that hanging over my head. Most of the mods I will do to the 2RZ will be overkill mods for durability, whether it was strictly needed or not, because I want the insurance. In fact, I am going to try out the 2RZ for that reason specifically.... otherwise I would go SR.... I think it is sexy in every way. Alex's and Amir's cars are pretty much exactly what I want my car to be, as far as drivetrain goes. Hopefully I can duplicate that with the 2RZ.

SR240Z,

As I said, I'm sure it can be done. However the specific application and regularity of its use also have an impact. Isn't it funny that the mega-hp engines you see are always OWNED by the workshops. I wonder why that is. ;)

Whats that? You heard the engine blew up? Nah, must be mistaken, stock block with 544rwhp. *Sees the poor mechanic dead on his feet from sleep deprevation*

Dave

Guest el240z

Hey Lunar, what are you going to do about your speedometer. I know that the S13/14 SR has the VSS in the tranny, but the S15 6pd has its VSS in the diff. Oh and kudos for being original. I use to have a sr in my S13 240sx before I sold her to buy my Z so I think going with the 4-banger is a great choice.

My q45 diff has what i think is a VSS on it, i'm gonna go to Picknpull to verify it unless is can find something online. I need to go there anyways, to get some 280z comp flanges and axle stubs...[that's gonna be fun...]

here's a pic, it has a gear on the inside that looks like a trigger wheel.

q45diff.jpg