HybridZ

HELP! Need Q45 Diff to Driveshaft Flange

qwik240z

None of the local Driveshaft shops have this part.

Anyone know where I can get one fast?

Anyone have one that is waiting for an install but not started yet?

We are in the middle of the Diff install and this is the only missing part.

Thanks for you help!

Bartman, Beck and Cozy,

Thanks for your help. I really didn't want to hold up the guys at the shop so I took a long lunch break and went to the JY.

I actually just got back for the junk yard. I pulled the entire driveshaft from the Q45. I dropped it off at the shop.

Since my driveshaft needs to be longer, I think we may just take the front of my old driveshaft, have the driveshaft shop cut it off and weld it onto the Q45 driveshaft. Of course sized to the proper length and fully balanced.

The Q drive shaft is a much nicer part than the chevy drive shaft. Larger diameter, welds look nicer and was highly recomended by my drive shaft shop. He didn't give me anyother reasons but I pay for his knowledge and it works.

The Q drive shaft is a much nicer part than the chevy drive shaft. Larger diameter, welds look nicer and was highly recomended by my drive shaft shop. He didn't give me anyother reasons but I pay for his knowledge and it works.

I think your guy is right. The welds were very clean and it is a big mother. I am pretty sure we will be using it. The one I had would need to be made longer. I don't think I would want them to weld an extension to it and then weld the end for the q45 flange too. Too may things to go wrong.

The q45 one is long enough to be cut down and weld the chevy yoke end to it.

I will try to get some pics posted soon.

Thanks,

We took the Q45 driveshaft to the driveshaft shop. It seems that the Q45 has non-servicable U-Joints. Since it is a 2 piece design with a supported center carrier Nissan decided that the U-Joints would last much longer and if they did wear out they would sell them a new driveshaft.

I ordered the correct flange from Powertrain Industries today. It will be here tomorrow.

See my other post " Q45 Diff install" for pics of the front mount that they made for my car.

• 1 year later...