HybridZ

New project car

quicker240

some pics of the car thats underway.http://photobucket.com/albums/f253/quicker240/ The sandblast job located a few small cancer spots under the driver seat,under the battery and a few other spots as shown in the pics.The car was blasted inside,outside,and underneath.Car was immediately painted with etching primer after the sand was cleaned out.This is a 72 240 with a planned vh45 .Fenders are cut out and welded for ZG flares front and back.We welded in thread inserts on the front fenders.The inside and cage will be painted the color of the car.After seeing Mulls car,I call this one "rust free".More to come....

I paid 300 bucks for the blast job.I thought it was a pretty good deal.As far as I can tell,he just used regular sand,although I wasn't there when he did it,the residue looked kind of black and glassy.We stripped the hood,roof,fenders and doors by hand so he wouldn't have to blast the large flat surfaces.I did'nt want any heat warping.Not really a concern on the interior,cage and under carriage.I must say I feel pretty secure knowing there are no suprises in the body work now.I have seen all the metal,tip to tail.Hell,this car might turn out to be pretty nice...