HybridZ

Wiring Turbo PLEASE HELP!

jmark06

I've tried to wire my 82 turbo motor into my 77z accordding to bumblebz and others on here, I've done so many searches. I have YW from plug 2 going to FI harness, then the Y from the 8pin, the BW from the ignitor, and the BW (the short one) from the FI relay going to the BY wire in the 6pin that I think is connected to the ignition switch. I have the G and Br (the ones from plug 1) going to the + battery. Then I used the RL wire and wired a new relay for the fuel pump. I beleive everything is right. Well when I turn the key nothing happens at all...nothing, the gages don't move, the starter, dosen't turn, nothing. I had my starter tested already. I moved the wire from the + battery to the other terminal on the starter motor and the starter started spinning.. not engaging but spinning so I think it works. Any ideas what might be the problem. Is there part of the old harness I'm supposed to have in that I don't know about, I left everything on the passenger side from the 77 harness. Maybe I'm missing a ground? I tried hooking to other wires in the 6pin that I think is connected to the ign switch and nothing happened with any of them excpet one that turned on the fuel pump... nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated cause my girlfriend is waiting for me at the beach (I'm on spring break) but my dad said I have to have the car running before I can go down. THANKS

Try it with out your "new" relay for your fuel pump. I'm trying to remember everything I did. But its been awhile. also make sure your lines that need to go to 12+ are getting power with a test light. And make sure your really getting "key on" power. hook up the test light and then turn the key on if that test light does'nt light up your not getting power.

The problem is not the hasness swap. Even if you connected the efi and ingnition harnesses incorrectly, the starter should turn, and the gauges should move, since they get power from a different harness. You have a bad connection somewhere between the battery and the ignition switch, or between the ignition switch and the starter. Use a test light to determine where. A diagram would be helpful. Also, check your fuses and fusible links. You don't need parts from your old harness, just follow bumblebz's guide. I did and it worked great.

The problem is not the hasness swap. Even if you connected the efi and ingnition harnesses incorrectly, the starter should turn, and the gauges should move, since they get power from a different harness. You have a bad connection somewhere between the battery and the ignition switch, or between the ignition switch and the starter. Use a test light to determine where. A diagram would be helpful. Also, check your fuses and fusible links. You don't need parts from your old harness, just follow bumblebz's guide. I did and it worked great.

that's what I was about to say, the starter is a different circuit all together if it won't crank you got some kinda bad wiring on your main harness.