HybridZ

BMW engine

huwwatki

just throwing this one up in the air, been thinking about it for a while since a friend of mine is putting M3 engine into an 80;s 3 series....

how would the hot M series 6 go in a zed? would it be worth the effort to put it in?

Has anyone done it?

I know it would sound mean :-). cause in 'stock' form it puts out round 300 doesn't it?

just a topic to ponder

Huw

• 8 months later...

I'm still holding on the 3.5 m30 into my 70 240Z, because other stuff just keeps getting in the way. Right now I'm putting the m42 1.8 DOHC with factory header and 5 speed, diff and all from a 91 318is into my 76 BMW 2002. Downing Atlanta also has put together a supercharger kit for the m42, which should make it pretty smart. Then I'll have two of the coolest cars ever made, the last year of the 2002, and the first year of the Z, both with upgraded BMW drivetrains! Well, in my opinion anyway. That M3 engine would be a tough one from any perspective, but I'm not one to dissuade another nut from trying something tough. Good luck.