HybridZ

Problem solved FI caused hesitation

datsunan

I thought I would post this for anyone who has a hesitation problem that they can not figure out. I have had a hesitation and power loss problem as well as some detonation issues that have plagued my Z for some time now. It started when I upgraded my clutch and flywheel and installed a new fuel line while I had the trans out. After doing so I had the car dynoed and the hp went down and my hp line was very erratic. I tried everything I could to solve the problem, some things I did twice, removed msd changed coil, wire,plugs,fuel fiter,cap,rotor, cleaned connections on ecu and then some. The only thing that I thought worked was when I removed the injectors and rigged up a bench to test them. i used a 9 volt bat and an extra pump and fuel rail, I ran water through them and test fired all, finding one that did not fire straight. Cleaned out a peace of teflon tape and it fired good. put it all together and tested it out, YES!! I got it, but alas the next day it was the same old shiot. I have been in the middle of remodling my house and not had the time to spend on this PTA car so I just drove it as is. This sucks! but the more I thought about it I still thought that it was a fuel issue, after trying even more tricks and getting no where I decided to try leaving the fuel rail on the car and just unbolt the injectors and rotate them and the rail, then I used the 9v again. this time I had two inj that shot the fuel like a water pistol, they had no atomization. I found some very small peaces of dirt that was causing a poor spray patern. The car runs great now and does not even have the detonation that has plagued it for more than a year now. Just thought I would post my experience i the hopes of sparing some poor bastard the trouble I went through to find this problem

The inj are bosch 420cc, I turned them over and taped them on my work bench with a peace of white paper under them so I could see what came out. Then I blew them out with high pressure air. I run 42 psi static with 1/1 for each psi of boost, 18psi+42= 60 max. I think the pump is a Warboro or similar.