HybridZ

got my hotrod (err soon to be) home last night!

Some-Guy

well here she is boys what ya think of her?

dont laught to much!!

mini-100_0346.jpg

mini-100_0345.jpg

mini-100_0344.jpg

mini-100_0343.jpg

mini-100_0342.jpg

mini-100_0341.jpg

mini-100_0340.jpg

mini-100_0339.jpg

mini-100_0338.jpg

mini-100_0337.jpg

mini-100_0336.jpg

mini-100_0335.jpg

well it could be worse I suppose it wasnt a bad price 450$ but it needs a fuel pump to run and maybe a little tweaking

ohh ya the front valance is all screwed because the jackass tow driver messed it up nicely and then he flipped the car up into the air and let it slam into the lift i was so choked. i pretty much straightened it well abit anyway... then when it slams onto the lift he goes ohh I guess not that rusty... Any way I cant wait to get a new shop new start tearing it down patching up the rust..

Ill be gettin the welder soon too!

**************EDIT

Ok i was out poking around this sucker some crazy wiring stuff done in there and i took a couple of pictures of the underside

mini-100_0382.jpg

mini-100_0385.jpg

mini-100_0384.jpg

mini-100_0383.jpg

mini-100_0378.jpg

^-she found a puddle and stopped helping lol I had to go in after that she decided to sit in it!

yea its pretty rough but the interior is nice! all the glass except the windshield is good everything above the fenders is in great shape there is no leaks which is surprizing looks like just lower end rust from all the bloody salt up here should be real fun tho!!

Yea its a real bitch to find them up here specially in the prince george area I got this one off youngzowner and i went to look at the only other one i could find and there was only about 50% of the car left and he wanted a grand for it unreal!!!

yea its a real strange place for a rust hole lol ohh well I still cant wait to rip it apart!

Hey good to see that you got pics up already and trying to get started i hope that she isn;t to much trouble for you to start with. I am hoping to have pics up for you guys on weekend.Hoping.Good luck man, stop by if you have some free time and check out new donor car.

Lot of rust to contend with. Why not buy a car from one of the AZ vendors? Just a shell or what ever? Here's the way I look at it. You're going to spend a LOT of time repairing rust, what is your time worth? $$$ of course. If you start out with a more solid car you'll be able to spend more time on engine, drivetrain and small body work than with the project you have on your hands there.

My first Z was in poor shape too, floors had been cut out and rivited into place were new sheet metal floors. I parted that car out, got my $600 plus out of the parts and went and found another car.

Just my .02 worth, but I wouldn't rebuild what you have there, use for spare parts or sell items but to dump hard earned cash and not to mention your TIME into it, pass.

I'm sure somebody on the board would be willing to help you find something better if you ask. Go here and see this, I know this guy and the car. It's not a steal but no rust. http://skidcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=201

I agree with both of you guys. A car with a lot of rust takes a lot more time. You have 2 approaches you can use:

1- Building a car is fun by itself. Personally, I like building it more than driving it...well! What I mean to say is that when your project is done you want another one. Therefore if you start with a car that has more rust, it doesn't matter, you will be able to learn, practice, etc...and have fun. Personally I have both; one in bad condition and one that I am finishing that comes from California.

2- If you want to be done with your project fast in order to drive, yes by all mean buy a car from the southern states and import it here. It will cost you less in the long run, in time and money.

Take Mull in Norway as an example, It car was pretty rusty, but he is doing it in a record time. Here in Canada, there isn't too many choice, cars are all rusted out.

What is your goal with your project? Stock car or race machine?

Unless you just love to fix rust, quit now..... thats what i prollly should have done. I kicked myself in the the *** every time i saw a cheap shell with little rust, and they show up all the time, might jsut have to drive for them.

BUt I guess when its done, you have something you can take more pride in. But based on your pictures there is ALOT more you are gonna find out rust wise. Just looking at that hole in the fender and the wheel arches in the back it looks like there is as much bondo on the car as metal. ;)

Therefore if you start with a car that has more rust, it doesn't matter, you will be able to learn, practice, etc...and have fun.

True. There is a flipside to that, however. If it requires THAT much work then the owner/builder may become overwhelmed by the scope of the project, not have fun, become frustrated and give up. Doing minor rust repairs and bodywork can be fun and a learning experience, but the ability to cope with a major rust bucket depends on the experience level of the individual.

My Z required a moderate level of repairs and there have been times that I have truly regretted not starting with a cleaner car... and I live in California and have a California car! If I had started with one in better shape I would be driving that sucker right now. Just my $.02.

You definately have a challenge on your hands, but challenges make life fun! Good Luck!

well thats true fellas but I dont have alot of money at all! iam basically broke lol I have been looking for a shell either rolling or not that is not too terribly rusty but its damn near impossible to find up here.. I live in the middle of BC (prince george) importing a car is impossible for me I just dont have the money for it.

""You definately have a challenge on your hands, but challenges make life fun! Good Luck!"" heh damn straight!

Ill have to see how bad it really is once I start tearing it apart hell if its so bad its unfixable ill rip all the good parts off and have a scrap yard come pickup the rest or keap it around even for spare sheet metal err whats left of it anyways well have to see

Iam goona jack it up tonight ill take some more pictures we'll see how bad the underside really is!