HybridZ

are all 2jzgtes the same

jdizzy204

Well, basically they are all the same internally, except for the cams (JDM Aristo motors came with smaller cams). The Aristo motors also came with a front sump pan as opposed to the mid sump pan. There are other differences once you get outside the motors (Map vs Maf, ecu's, smaller turbos on J-spec model, etc)

Well, basically they are all the same internally, except for the cams (JDM Aristo motors came with smaller cams). The Aristo motors also came with a front sump pan as opposed to the mid sump pan. There are other differences once you get outside the motors (Map vs Maf, ecu's, smaller turbos on J-spec model, etc)

I believe 2JZ have a MAF and MAP sensors at the same time

Guest scottiedawg66
I believe 2JZ have a MAF and[/b'] MAP sensors at the same time

that is in correct, how could a MAF and MAP be the same? The JDM cars run lower boost, and only have 280 hp (320 in US cars) due to some japanese law. This means they run lower boost, hence the 440 JDM injectors compaired to 550 US injectors. The other major difference is the turbine and compressor wheels, JDM turbos are not as durable as US turbos becuase JDM turbos use ceramic blades, which means faster spool at the cost of less total boost. Do not use a VVTI for a swap, the electrical is a mess when you try to mod them, they fight you with OBD2 and its a huge mess.

~scott

that is in correct' date=' how could a MAF and MAP be the same? The JDM cars run lower boost, and only have 280 hp (320 in US cars) due to some japanese law. This means they run lower boost, hence the 440 JDM injectors compaired to 550 US injectors. The other major difference is the turbine and compressor wheels, JDM turbos are not as durable as US turbos becuase JDM turbos use ceramic blades, which means faster spool at the cost of less total boost. Do not use a VVTI for a swap, the electrical is a mess when you try to mod them, they fight you with OBD2 and its a huge mess.

~scott[/quote']

If I understand this thread correctly it does say that the 2JZ runs on both sensors

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166713&highlight=map+maf+sensor

So it does have both. I wasn't sure about it. So the way it was explained to me the MAF work during normal driving and the MAP while there is boost but the MAF still read temp, is this correct? I do know that there is a ECU that only runs on the MAP sensor though. I hope you don't see this as a argument I wasn't sure I just head about it and I'm trying to get the right info.

Guest scottiedawg66

oil pan is a good point if its an aristo or anything but a supra clip basically. But if you somehow got a supra front clip the oil pan is the same as USDM.

~scott

Doesn't the Lexus IS300 have a 2JZ in it. If so does it follow the same general rule? They share the basic motor design but have little things like cams, injectors, etc changed?

incorrect.

the rods are weaker, the pistons are weaker.

but the head flows better! just requires machine work to get it to fit the turbo block

Guest scottiedawg66
the turbo head flows worse then the na head. hence why you port the na head for more fun.

I have never heard that at all. That comes as a total surprise to me, do you have any proof of this. I doubt that toyota would engineer a head the flows better for a NA motor than a turbo one?

~scott