HybridZ

4 speed ?'s

nategdizzle

Hey guys i havent heard a lot about guys runing 4 speeds with their turbos and i was wondering if anyone out there knew if they will be able to handle the extra power of a turbo, ported&polished head and intake and exhaust manifolds, msd ignition, microtech ecu, ect ect...i dont really feel like spending money on a 5 speed but if i did what one should i spring for and what rear end is peoples "favorite"

the R200 is pretty much bellut roof, the suspension becomes the weak point for the heardcore drag racers well over the 400 whp mark, I ran a couple four speeds in my car but I'm not much of a drag racer and swapped to the 5 speed whil I was only making 230 whp, the important thing is what your goals, are, the mods list isn't as important and the whp and usage goals, if your not gonna be racing it then the 4 speed will last forever, if however your a drag racer it seems a lot of them give up in the mid 11 sec range, the KA and the T5 both seem to fail in this range

Guest ON3GO

Thumper just had a long thread on this, do a search on it.

they are just as strong as a reg S30 5-speed, just no 5th gear and slighty different gearing.

go with a KA tranny swap or for a simple swap just use a 280zx n/a 5-speed

mike

cool thanks..i bought my car back in november and it had bad injectors and a few small things wrong with it and i was just going to get it running and then i started tearing into it and found this site and saw what people were doing and now its april and im just starting to put the car together so i hope in about 2 weeks i should have the ole girl up and running for the first time

the R200 is pretty much bellut roof, the suspension becomes the weak point for the heardcore drag racers well over the 400 whp mark, I ran a couple four speeds in my car but I'm not much of a drag racer and swapped to the 5 speed whil I was only making 230 whp, the important thing is what your goals, are, the mods list isn't as important and the whp and usage goals, if your not gonna be racing it then the 4 speed will last forever, if however your a drag racer it seems a lot of them give up in the mid 11 sec range, the KA and the T5 both seem to fail in this range

OT

so how much power are you putting down now? well, for the 12.60's run