HybridZ

What do you think about a Starion Conquest Intercooler?

big-phil

Guest ON3GO

you have the plastic fmic? if so yes it would be better....

but i would just get a ebay bar and plate unit.

cheap and very good!

guys are running 11's to faster on these on here.

mike

Guest ON3GO

thats kinda to wide.. look under 240hokes group buy thread on the fmic.. i think it was something like 27in overall and 12 high. and 2.5in inlet and outlet

mike

Look at my signature......Would this work good for me? Is it ALOT better than the piece of crap I have now?

I have run both the volvo intercooler and the starion intercooler. The volvo intercooler had detonation at 15psi but the starion intercooler I ran 21psi with detonation very rarely. Both of these psi were with stock efi running 25 degrees timing on an 83 ecu, and running the stock t3. Now i'm running the npr and the intercooler is by far better than the npr. So take what you will.

You mean the npr is better than the starion right? Today (April 1st) is my birthday so i'm trying to get something i really want....a big a$$ intercooler.

either a bar and plate about 24x12x4 or a large npr

Thanks guys

You mean the npr is better than the starion right? Today (April 1st) is my birthday so i'm trying to get something i really want....a big a$$ intercooler.

either a bar and plate about 24x12x4 or a large npr

Thanks guys

IMO the Conquest/Starion one is way too small. I had one on my 71 Z and went with a Supra one, MKIII that is still on there. I run the 24x12x4 on my 73'. You will have to cut the core support(a little) and run button head bolts for the hood or cut the in/outs off the tanks and weld new ones on. I cut the core support.

There is this style too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO-SUPERCHARGER-INTERCOOLER_W0QQitemZ8051412923QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OK thanks I just got the word that I can spend some of MY money on MYSELF for my birthday... oh if I were single!:cuss: anyway I'm going to this place in Dallas that has wrecked big trucks. they had a small npr IC a couple months ago, so they might have a big one now. If not, I'll get one off e-bay.:-D

Guest ON3GO

PM 73turbo240Z and ask him what size he got off ebay.. looks like that one.

fits great with no work needed to the intercooler and or core support.

with the Large NPR i had the hack the crap out of my core support.

im going with a custom BIG sucker, 5in think for the new turbo engine.

mike

24" wide will be a TIGHT squeeze, In fact i dont think you can make it work without modification of the intercooler outlets like i did. I tried tight radius couples etc, still hit the hood hinges.

I would suggest finding a 22" or 20" one of you can, but it seems most places are selling 24" units.

Thanks 240hoke, I just got back from the birthday dinner and almost bought that IC before I left the house, I'm glad I did'nt. BTW nice stoppie on the F4, I stunt a 929 myself. Sorry to hear you sold it, but that Z is much better!

9021140059-thumb.jpg

9021124656-thumb.jpg

9021115012.jpg