HybridZ

aftermarket 280zx wheels?

i have i 79 280zx, with tokico blues and eibach sportlines. i am new to this whole offset thing. anyways i was wondering if these would fit

Click photo

Product ID: W15R Availability: SPECIAL ORDER

Brand: RS WATANABE Model: 8 SPOKE

Price: $ASK

Bolts Pattern: 4/5x114.3/100 Size: 15

Width: (F) 8J ® 8.5J Offset: (F) 0mm ® -5mm

Optional Color: Magnesium

Bolts Pattern: 4/5x114.3/100 Size: 15

This will definitely work.

Width: (F) 8J ® 8.5J Offset: (F) 0mm ® -5mm

Optional Color: Magnesium

I'm not quite sure what this means. I think it means the fronts are 15x8 with zero offset (4.5" backspace) and the rear is 15x8.5 with -5mm offset (4.5" backspace).

The OE rims are on turbo models are 15x6.5". Thus the wheel is actually 7.5" wide (flange to flange). From factory they had zero offset or in other words 3.75" backspace (total width divided by two), if I am not mistaken.

From what I hear 4.5" backspace is like the "magic" number for fitment (on the inside of the wheel well. With coilovers 5" can be done). I am pretty confident the front wheels should fit fine. It is the rear wheels I am little concerned about. If they are too wide they might rub on your fender. Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same category in not having much of a clue on the backspacing/fitment. I have an 83 ZX and plan to have the factory turbo wheels widened by 2" and run a 245X60X15" tire. Do you know if this will work simply by adding the 2" to the inside of the rim???? Appreciate any insight...