HybridZ

Holy Crap

Some-Guy

Yeah, I saw that too. Two new guys took over his show. The one guy is okay (althought it sounds like he got kicked in the junk a few to many times), but the dude with the muscles is a freakin' retard! Instantly pissed me off. It's like the producers wanted to 'sell' the show and try to make it cool. What crap.

Speaking of crap, have you seen the Muscle Car show? Again, one guy that is thrown into the show to try and make it cool (I HATE the way he talks!), and another guy that seems like he knows what he is doing. T.V. for us sucks nowadays.

Overhaulin' bites the big one now, Rides is still okay though... and if anyone caught Rides tonight with Billy F. Gibbons, that was a VERY cool show! Even had a faded red S30 in one of the shots. Billy Gibbons is the epitome of cool. The guy rocks :2thumbs:

I noticed it this past weekend...

The new guys suck, they are trying too hard to make them seem "Cool"

... I liked Stacey David better...

I actually don't even care too much for Trucks!... but he made it interesting..

I guess I'll wait until his new show comes up..

I miss the one show with the twins from the Powerblock. They actually walked you through a Supra engine build. Hopefully we will see Stacey again shortly.

you mean supR 2nR tv (or some other way that they spelled super tuner tv)? For that show, the content was good, but the presentation lacked something. I enjoyed it though.

Anyways for trucks; My dad got most of his parts from where stacey plugging their name on the show. Took him a month to rebuild a tranny and to assemble and paint the body parts from the business that were mentioned on trucks. I haven't seen the new trucks though.

the smaller guy did alot of the paint and body work on the past trucks, like copperhead and big blaze. Stacey was awesome, but I guess they thought he wasn't COOL enough. None the less, the truck they built was quite badass.

Did someone say he was gonna go onto another show?

Whats wrong with overhaulin? It seems just as it used to be.

This is what producers think the 16-25 demo wants to see people talkin' like... i.e. retards. If you don't get it it's probably becase you aren't in the demographic. I tried to watch it Saturday... "tried". I'm too old to appreciate the subtle nuances of "let's beef this puppy up". I mean I've probably said the same thing myself but it just doen't sound very credible coming from a cabe TV show. Sounds a tad phony to me. But I lost the illusion which supposedly 16-25 year-old have. Of course this site has a smarter class of people so you don't have to be in your 30's to hate that type of show.

Remember Carl's Jr. They sell to the same demo.

P.S. Tom Licas was discussing this yesterday.

yea i dont know most of it is crap i like extreme4x4 they kinda goof around abit but its fairly informative trucks was the best i dont like the horsepower hosts and the new muscle car is okay I guess some of the tips i find handy but the host annoys me

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I saw the new trucks where they started the $10k project or whatever...that is what happens when corporate hears about a show's sucess and wants to make it better...whatever.

saw a little of muscle car and it was ok...extreme 4x4 is cool but they don't do much with real world jeeps and trucks...they did a CJ5 and put revolver shackles on it...so what... then they get a poison spider chassis and put crappy welds on it...The girl (jess?) on the show can actually weld fairly well...

Guest ON3GO
yea i dont know most of it is crap i like extreme4x4 they kinda goof around abit but its fairly informative trucks was the best i dont like the horsepower hosts and the new muscle car is okay I guess some of the tips i find handy but the host annoys me

the lady on that show is damn hot i think too!

mike

I like the Muscle Car show. Seems like every week they're doing the same sorts of things I'm into on my car. Rust repair, frame repair, etc. The black guy's delivery is kind of fitting with the 16-25 demographic comment made earlier, but both of those guys actually know WTF they're doing, and they show it to a degree that other shows wouldn't. It'd be like "Next we have to fix the frame" and then they jump cut and now the frame is perfect and powdercoated already. I do like the chick on Extreme 4x4 too. Something about a chick that could teach me things about welding... oOo

Guest iskone

Stacey was the man. I don't really care for trucks but I always watched his show since he covered alot pf things that are universal. Horspower TV is a little weak. They always pump big money into a motor and get back jack for results.

Jess is way hot!!!! Chicks that wrench.....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Isk