HybridZ

Turbo for RB30ET

Z24O

Advice required,

i have been offered a new GT35R for US$1050 delivered to my door with a choice of turbine housings(.63/.82/1.06) and am thinking of using it on my RB30ET 240Z...i currently am running a std T3....i don't particularly want to modify the engine(head,cam,forged pistons,etc) i do have an aftermarket engine management system,intercooler,extra injectors,2 1/2" mandrel exhaust,bosch 044 fuel pump,RR malpassi fuel regulator

i do not want to lose my low rev torque or sacrifice any spool time and so my question is which turbine housing would suit me best

95% of my driving is sedate street use changing gears below 3500rpm

5% of my driving will see up to 6500rpm

i would rather feel a push in the back for the 95% and sacrifice a little top end for the other 5%

...........oh and just to complicate things a little.....would i be better with a GT30R?????

thanks in advance

More back pressure and less power. The newer GT stuff is more efficient. There GT4088 on a 3.0 with a .81(PTE housing) will spool as fast if not a little faster than a 66-67mm turbo with an older P trim and .68. I'll see if I can find some GT35 dynos on a 3.0.

I would guess the GT35 is too big for your needs.

I would stick with the GT30, and a .63 turbine.

I had a t04e 57 trim/t3 76 trim .63 - and full boost (and torque) was at 4500 rpms. I lost a lot of low end compared to when I had the stock T3 on my car (vg30et). The GT series, some swear you lose spool and lag time because of the BB, but I doubt it's that big of a difference.

It was worth it for the extra power. I topped out at 270hp, 270tq on the T3 (at about 12psi), then I switched to the t3/t4 above, and netted 390hp and 440tq. The T3 had the peak torque at about 3k, whereas the t3/t4 was later, but much more powerful.

Well, here's the dyno on my old z31; 18psi:

Max450cc.jpg

max450ccs.jpg

What BLOZ UP said ^^^ Z240, who in the US quoted that good price? A mate of mine is fitting an externally gated GT35R with a .82 turbine to his RB30ET, a fairly common upgrade which will give ~450whp. ACL forged pistons and Argo rods.

GT35R dyno sheets would be good Clifton.