HybridZ

saw an 1100hp indy GN V6 today

mobythevan

Went to a hot rodders garage today that builds rods and does machining and welding. After looking at several cool rods we go in the room where he is building one and on the bench sets a complete 1100hp twin turbo V6. He bought it from the car museum here in Colorado Springs when they shut down. It is in immaculate condition. He said it was only dyno'd then never used in the race, was just a back up engine. He had lots of other cool stuff there. He owns a GN that he drives around when he is not out in one of the rods.

I wondered why he had the huge poster on the wall showing the Indy GN V6.....

Guest 73Turbo240z
Chris Chow's car is actually a twin turbo V-8 in a Buick Grand National body. I believe Chris is in the 7's now.

yep, was about to say the same thing, although isn't his block made by the same folks who did the stg. 2 V6 castings?

I saw an Indy Buick Twin Turbo Stage 2 engine today, too.

...In my shop.

Bought from a dirt track racer, it's somewhat of a mutt: Indy block, Busch GN Crank and heads. 4.5L/274 ci, odd-fire, dry sump. It has 4-Bolt mains, Oliver I-beam 6.5" rods, Isky roller lifters, Jessel roller rockers, Titanium 2.15/1.75" valves, and a .600+ lift cam. Stone age pushrod technology executed with exotic materials and elegant machining - An 8000rpm sledge hammer!

The V6 will sit totally behind the strut towers of the Z, leaving room for two big front/top mounted turbos.

I don't know how much HP it will make but I will have head flow, bottom end, and turbos good for 4 digits at the stroke of the boost controller -assuming sufficient driver cajones.

I have almost all the needed pieces, and the engine is in the machine shop now. Turbo conversion of the bottom end from 14:1 NA form involves new pistons and cam. The Victor Jr. 4-BBl Intake is being modified for injector bungs and a bolt - on plenum housing progressively linked twin 75mm throttle bodies.

Fuel Management will be an Electromotive TEC3r driving 96lb injectors.

Turbos are large frame T04/60-1s.

A NASCAR-spec wide ratio 4-speed (who needs lots of gears when you have 800 or so lb/ft of torque:shock: ) , Quartermaster Magnesium bellhousing, Tilton Nextel-Cup triple disc clutch, and 2.93:1 R230V are ready.

Some pictures are here; http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8391

Guest ON3GO
Off Topic' date=' sorta

Speeder, you have a car with that kinda body work and only a wimpy L6? I assumed there was at least a 350 under there. You don't do anything halfway though, do you? Have fun with that build.[/quote']

umm his L6 is anything but wimpy...

L6 powa!

mike

Guest ON3GO

a L6 making that kinda power is more "exotic" and "rarer" then a V8 doing it.

i know what you mean though.

that Stg. 2 GN motor will be sweet though, i didnt think that was in the plans for this car but good choice!

mike