HybridZ

ouch! my wallet hurts just looking at this

grumpyvette

what made it do that?

This is why you double check your steering linkage.

Did you see him rolling his steering wheel left with no responce? I am always afraid that'll happen on my truck because it just has solid D-rods and set screws holding the whole steering rack together. I think I'm going to go home and tack weld it now.

This is why you double check your steering linkage.

Did you see him rolling his steering wheel left with no responce? I am always afraid that'll happen on my truck because it just has solid D-rods and set screws holding the whole steering rack together. I think I'm going to go home and tack weld it now.

is there any chance of that happening to a z?

I dunno, watched it several times, he was lined up out of the groove on the right side, skated around quite a bit in first gear, I don't have sound here at work, but it looks like the 1-2 shift got him, but never got out of it to recover and over corrected IMO. Better to back out of it and live another day, just ask Brandon Bernstein. I'm all for going fast but if the car is all over the track, it's costing you ET, probably the race, and could cost you alot more. I guess I'm real conservative, but I'm old, and I know when to fold 'em!

I dunno, watched it several times, he was lined up out of the groove on the right side, skated around quite a bit in first gear, I don't have sound here at work, but it looks like the 1-2 shift got him, but never got out of it to recover and over corrected IMO. Better to back out of it and live another day, just ask Brandon Bernstein. I'm all for going fast but if the car is all over the track, it's costing you ET, probably the race, and could cost you alot more. I guess I'm real conservative, but I'm old, and I know when to fold 'em!

its not an age thing. im 18 and i was thinking it would be wise to back out of it also. im going to have to listen for the sound also. i think he might have edited it out thou. got the stupid music instead.

Guest BiltWel

Looks like his slicks were aired down too low to me and he hooked hard on the 1 2 shift and it threw him then overcorrected and it cost him My Camaro did almost the same thing to me once but I let out I mean why would you throw all the money and take a chance at death when you can just say "woops" and try better next time.

Screw whether his insurance covered it I wonder if he walked away or was scooped out of the thing with a shovel