HybridZ

Can I, Should I, And If I Did?

racerx260

I Have A 260 With An 83 Turbo Motor And Ecu. I Have 2 Cylinders With Low Compression And Need A Rebuild.can 240block Be Bored To Fit 280turbo Pistons?with The 240stroke And 280 Pistons That Should Give Me A 260 Motor.except With Short Stroke And Big Bore Rather Than The 240 Bore And 280stroke That Came From The Factory. I Realize I Would Give Up Displacement And The Tourqe Of The Longer Stoke But Gain The Quick Revs Of A 240.if I Then Put My Turbo Head , Turbo And Ecu From The Stock 280t Motor ,i Would Have A Quick Reving 260 Turbo.is There Any Reason This Would Not Work?.if I Could Should I?. What Kind Of Power And Power Characteristics Would A Motor Like This Have? The 240 And The Off Boost 280 Both Have Poor Low End So Whats To Loose?.whould The Short Stroke Quick Reving Motor Work Well With The Turbo Setup? Tell Me What You Think.if The Short Stoke Would Compensate For The Loss Of Displacement It Would Be Cool To Have A 260 In My 260, Just Different Than The Factory Way.wow Me With Your Wisdom.

What Kind Of Power And Power Characteristics Would A Motor Like This Have? The 240 And The Off Boost 280 Both Have Poor Low End So Whats To Loose

You will loose power. The smaller motor will have even less torque. Torque is desirable, especially on a street car.

I would never ever give up displacement. Ask anyone who has done the stroker L6's if they are happier with there new found power. There is a 2.5 and a 3.0 version of the Toyota JZ motor. One has a shorter stroke. Yes it revs a little higher but guess which one makes more HP and TQ.

If you were racing in a class that limited you on displacement then it would be easier to use the L28 block and pistons with an L24 crank.