HybridZ

Differences in axles?

JohnnyRed

Why the 280z non turbo? There's 280z turbo axles on e-bay now' date=' nuts. I have a flange on the diff now I'm going to be using. Supposidly it's an r200 in my car now...

As far as the stub axles I was planning on doing the Modern Motorsports conversion http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5

Well, now you changed everything. I didn't go with the mms adapters, I went with zxt/2+2 tripods and wheel flanges that would fit on the 240. If I decide to change I would go with the mms flange. As far as what axle I would use for that, I would probably stick with the tripods I have now.

Sorry if this is a threadjack... but... I'm curious, J. Soileau from your photos above it looks like you rebuilt your ZXT CV halfshafts yourself. I tried to contact raxles (pete paraska recommeded vendor) and they informed me that there are no cores or new parts available. I'm looking to take mine apart, clean them up, new boots, clamps and grease. Hopefully I will not need any hard parts. Do you have any lessons learned or gotchas? Also do you have a source for your parts that you used? A search didn't really cover this in any detail...

Thanks in advance!

Jay

nope, not hijacking, This is a place for everyone to learn.

When I helped a friend rebuild his axles for a Acura integra the only thing we really needed were the boot clamp tool (tightned the clamp on the boot) It wasnt too hard. I think these nissan/datsun may be different.

Thanks for the help everyone. My set of tripods are in the mail. Hope all goes smooth