HybridZ

I'm caving in... Wheels wheels wheels...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got a 5" backspace wheel to work without an adapter? I was under the impression from measuring my wheels, and hearing from others that 4.5" was about all you could run before you started to rub. Or maybe you did use an adapter?

Oops, just looked a little closer at the pics, and noticed the 5 lug conversion. That would make the difference alright.

You got a 5" backspace wheel to work without an adapter? I was under the impression from measuring my wheels' date=' and hearing from others that 4.5" was about all you could run before you started to rub. Or maybe you did use an adapter?

Oops, just looked a little closer at the pics, and noticed the 5 lug conversion. That would make the difference alright.[/quote']

Well, I'm going to be running coil-overs on mine. Nazar wasn't running any coil-overs for a while and didn't have any issues to my understanding. Also, these are 4 lugs, they just have 8 holes. If I run into a problem, which I shouldn't with coil-overs I will run an adapter. Also you need to run some sort of flare. I'm not close enough to show you pics on the car

Here are some more of Nazars Car, hopefully he doesn't mind and if I'm wrong hopefully he'll correct me:

P1010003.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P10100021.JPG

Tyson

Oh, I guess they are 4 lug...I must have been spacing out there. Those are some great looking wheels. I don't know how (if at all) adjustable coil-overs would affect the fitment. I measured my 17's with a tape measure, so it's not especially accurate, but it was right around 4.5" to the strut.

BTW our EXTREMELY helpful Nicole at Centerline Wheels is no longer with the company :(

Just got off the phone with Centerline (I'm pricing Venturas 17x 9.5 5"bs) I was quoted $346/wheel!!!! I bought a set of Azteks from them 2.5 years ago for $150/ wheel in 17X7 4"bs.

Shezzz $1384 for a set of Centerlines on their "close out list" Damn!

I really like the look of the wheels in the pictures above with the black center so I called centerline today and was quoted $385 per wheel for the Thrusters in 17 by 9.5. That is rediculous. Jegs has them listed at $269.99 but I will have to check and see if they can get me the right bolt pattern at that price. Does anybody have any hookups on centerline wheels?

Does anybody have any hookups on centerline wheels?

Yeah we used to her name was Nicole, she was alway patient and VERY helpful, easy to deal with. These two new guys the one I spoke with was very "curt" and "short" with me. I didn't really care for his attitued. I used to hold Centerline in high regards, not anymore after THAT kind of price increase (we thought MS was bad haha) and the attitude, think I'll look else where.

Alright I've got to try and do some reasoning here. You're only paying 325-350ish dollars for A CUSTOM WHEEL TO YOUR SPECS!!!! No this price isn't for a 7" wheel, which is less if you went that way. How many other companies offer you a good quality wheel, custom made to order, with warranty for that kind of price? I mean look at the other options out there for Z-cars 4-lug pattern, CCW (+2k), Watanabes (+2k), HRE's(+4k), etc. Its still a great option for people like me who want to run a larger than 8" wheel without ANY KIND of spacer, and not break the bank. I mean sure its a big price jump, but you're still considerably less than the competition. I spoke to Luis there, not the best customer service guy but he know what he was talking about and was willing to help me. Just my $.02

Tyson

Tyson,

Your right for a "custom" wheel....price is what I'm talking about the price jump is outragous.

That same wheel back in July was $200 now over $300 and it's going to be discontunued? When Nicole (she was even a member here giving out info for us) started this "special wheel for the Z community" the widest they quoted me they would go was 7". You can read up on the rest of the story. I still like the wheel but just cannot stomach the price increase in just 60 days. Call me what you want but Centerline is out of line on this one, sorry.

Tyson' date='

Your right for a "custom" wheel....price is what I'm talking about the price jump is outragous.

That same wheel back in July was $200 now over $300 and it's going to be discontunued? When Nicole (she was even a member here giving out info for us) started this "special wheel for the Z community" the widest they quoted me they would go was 7". You can read up on the rest of the story. I still like the wheel but just cannot stomach the price increase in just 60 days. Call me what you want but Centerline is out of line on this one, sorry.[/quote']

Thats perfectly fine, I'm not trying to force the wheel or the company on ya. However I felt like some were not realizing that this is still a custom wheel. Best of luck finding your wheel choices, be sure to post pics, prices, and feelings about the company.

Tyson

www.kodiakracingwheels.com is another place to have custom wheels made. I called them about resizing my Hoshino Impul RS-III's so that I wouldn't have to use my adapters anymore, and it was going to be $1200 just for UNPOLISHED rim sections that I would use my old center sections on. I don't think these prices are especially bad compared to that. Plus they look really good.

My point is that initially it wasn’t a “custom†wheel. From what I understood they had the centers drilled to the Z car lug pattern but no customers were buying (save for Motorsports) thus they went on the “close out†list. Somebody from the board contacted them (Centerline) and Nicole started working with us and came up with this solution (a wheel that will fit a Z).

Second two years ago they wouldn’t make the wheels wider than 7†due to safety concerns (from what I understood at the time). Then low and behold NAZAR posts up that they’ll go 9.5†OK yeah that’s “custom†size (width) but the centers are still the same. I guess my point is that 2.5†of additional billet do not justify a 130% price increase in my book.

It’s like they accidentally fell into a niche market and are now exploiting us. I’m NOT saying there is another company out there that is going to put together a wheel of this quality OR match the $300 +/- price tag. It’s just disappointing to see that huge of a price jump.

I guess everybody can go ahead and get really pissed at me now for telling you all who I work for……BP, Castrol Oil division. No I do not have control over gas/oil prices, but they are coming down so lets be thankful for that.

Everybody have a great Friday!!!!

Plus, the quality of these wheels is Average. I've owned 4 sets of centerlines in the last 15 years and they are "OK". For $350 PER WHEEL, I'm guessing you're real close to a Custom CCW wheel price ($1800). I'm thinking about BBS wheels for my track Z, and I'm not planning to spend more than $1600... All the sudden the "average quality" Centerline, with its limited selection and style doesn't sound like such a deal...

Mike