HybridZ

I got a 240sx TB but its the same size that I have already 60mm??

big-phil

Guest 280ZForce

i noticed that too. i had a weber tb on my last setup. the difference is the weber has a larger mouth in the front. if u measure the front of the weber it has approx 70mm opening and the 240sx is still 60mm.

I was looking at that too. Infact when I was at the junk yard this morning I kept saying to myself "please have a Q45, please have a Q45" I don't know where to get a weber?? I'd sell you mine for $146:wink: so I can buy that one on e-bay But I don't think I have the ecu to handle 90mm:(

• 1 month later...

Slight bump, but I found this on ebay. Not sure if it's the same as yours, but it sounds that way.

Weber Big Throat

You are looking at a nice upgrade for your fuel injected 280Z or 280ZX. This unit is called the " Weber Big Throat " throttle body which was designed for 1975 and later fuel injected Datsun Z cars. We all know that Weber is one of the top names for performance, remember the old 240z cars with triple Weber's? they were awesome. This Big throat throttle body measures 60mm vs the smaller stock throttle Thus allowing more air flow for your engine. As we all know the more airflow you can get into your motor, the more power it will make across the power band. It has a rubber adapter piece on the end with the clamps, the instruction sheets are also included but are a bit soiled. This " Weber Big Throat " looks great, it is offered with No reserve .

I've got a Q45 throttle body on my engine, and its TPS is not compatible with any other typical ones I've looked at. My SR TPS sure doesn't fit it, nor will a KA . I doubt the CA would work, either.

Someone once told me you can use the RB20 TPS on it, but I have no confirmation of that info..

The Q45 throttle body is great because it opens progressively. Therefore when you apply light throttle, it doesn't fly open and send a huge gulp of air at the motor.

However, I'm finding it difficult to adjust the TPS acceleration enrichments just right on my Tec3 to compensate for this huge TB.

If you do get your hands on a Q45 TPS, be forewarned: The main TPS connector is the kick-down switch. The actual TPS connector is found on the little pigtail that hangs off of it.

The 90mm throttle body from a Q45 opens the other way from the stanza throttle body I'm using, so the tps is not compatible. I was looking at a single cam ka24 in an early 240sx, and it had the throttle flywheel on the opposite side of the throttle body from mine, which is why i went with the fwd throttle body in the first place. I can't say for sure if it works on the 240sx or not...

• 1 year later...
YES That looks just like mine!!! The same thing! The bid is at $247!!!!!!! Oh my God!! I'm going to find another 240sx TB and sell mine ASAP

Oh sweet! This was the thread I was looking for. I just picked up a 60mm Weber TB this weekend. Ebay here I come!