HybridZ

Just got back from the track - 1st time since turbo swap

sims76

I'm very happy overall to say the least. Megasquirt N Spark performed flawlessly and the car pulled hard all the way to 6000+ RPMs. I'll have the video up in a few days. Here's the details. I think with a better launch & 60' time I can get into the 12's without chaning anything else. What do you guys think?

1976 280z 2+2

Ambient: about 70 degrees F

boost: 14lbs on a Thagard Garrett T3/T04E 56trim (either 54 or 56 trim, I can't remember)

tire pressure: 33lbs on 225/15/50 Kumho street tires

weight: 2970lbs with me in it, I weigh about 190 so the car weighs about 2780lbs. 1/2 tank of gas

AFR: I don't know because I was staring at the tach but the wideband ususally reads 10.5 to 12 under full boost depending on conditions (still working on this)

Head: stock P90a with solid lifters

Bottom: stock turbo block & oil pump

Head Gasket: Felpro, with ARP studs torqued to ARP spec

Rear: 3.54

Tranny: 5 speed from an unknown year

R/T: .367

60': 2.234 :icon56:

330: 5.830

1/8: 8.733

MPH: 85.7

1000: 11.225

1/4: 13.320

MPH: 108.04 :flamedevi

4_15_2006.jpg

Guest ON3GO

dude you have so much more in that setup that 11's with more boost and a good tune that high 11's are there with some drag radials..

just lower the weight some.

mike

Wow, thats pretty quick. Especially with a 2.2 60' time.

Thats about the same 60 i was running back when i had the stock ecu and turbo and mid 14's (82zxt though). Now im running megasquirt and a t3/t4 and havnt yet got it to the track. People have always told me that for every tenth you shave off your 60' you make up two tenths in the 1/4. Work on your launch and im sure you will break into the 12's. I cant wait to see the video!!

One last thing, do you think you could send me pictures of your fuel and spark tables? we have very similar setups and i have mine running well, but i would still like to see some tables from someone who has actually ran their car. Im running MSnS extra, so im not sure if your whole msq would transfer over....but pictures would be great. Thanks

Blake

Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it. The wife told me to buy some drag radials and get me some 12's next time. I wouldn't feel bad about upping to 18psi or so with some of the race fuel they sell at the track. Maybe I'll do just that in a few months.

Here's my MS settings as of today.....Note that I run 14psi or about 200kpa at full throttle. I get the full 14psi above 3000RPM.

constants.jpg

fuel.jpg

ignition.jpg

accel.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement' date=' I appreciate it. The wife told me to buy some drag radials and get me some 12's next time. I wouldn't feel bad about upping to 18psi or so with some of the race fuel they sell at the track. Maybe I'll do just that in a few months.

Here's my MS settings as of today.....Note that I run 14psi or about 200kpa at full throttle. I get the full 14psi above 3000RPM.

[/quote']

Looks like you are running the supra injectors do you have resistors inline on the power wires? If so then your PWM should be 100%. Also that seems like way! to much fuel. My constant fuel is 7ms and my highest duration was 98% even at 21psi. Might want to get a wideband on that and see what your a/f ratios are. But for 2900lbs not too bad. I guess thats with you in it? I think with some tuning and getting your 60's down to low 2.0's you should be in mid to high 12's. I've found slipping the clutch is the best way to launch my turbo z. About 4-4.5k rpms then as soon as boost starts to build let off the throttle just enough to keep from spinning. Good luck

Also what compression ratio are you running? The stock pistons and rods can take 18psi easily as long as you stay away from detonation. I've had mine up to 22psi with no problems. Your timing maps look good on boost but under light acceleration and low boost you can run more. I ran 39 total and every 20kpa above 100kpa I lower it 3-4 degrees roughly.

Thanks for the input guys.

I will sanity check my fuel numbers and update my off boost timing, but the wideband always reads reasonable values. Maybe my fuel pressure is way lower than some of you. It's about 38psi with the motor not running, I'll check that out.

Here's the video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v208/sims54/Track%20Times/?action=view&current=Cap0003.flv

It's kinda long because I didn't edit it. And no, I don't have anything to do with the Passat that is doing the burnout, however I do daily drive a similar Passat.