HybridZ

86 Skyline R200 fit in a 240z that has a R200 currently?

briann510

I have a R200 in our 240z now, but have access to a R31 R200 lsd thats in a Skyline. The Skyline is also a R200 but I dont know if its the same dimensions as what ive got now and will go right in without any modifications. It looks pretty much exactly what ive got now, but not sure if it will use the same mustache bar etc.. Im pretty sure the cv shafts I have will pop right in as a direct swap.

nope the only reason i asked to make sure if its a long nose or not is if you dont know it came out of a r31. If you took it out or know fro sure it came out of an r-31 then it will fit.

I took several out back in the day for a mass shipmetn back to the US when i was in japan

HAHA i had 4:88 in mine..... makes the stubs shear like melted butter:twisted:

Hopefully the billet stub axles and adapters I bought from Ross at MM will hold up to it!

so far with our 3.90's we have had about 30 5K launches on them and the stock 280 stubbies have held up just fine.

Hopefully the billet stub axles and adapters I bought from Ross at MM will hold up to it!

so far with our 3.90's we have had about 30 5K launches on them and the stock 280 stubbies have held up just fine.

I thought you were selling your Z? sry for topic change

my son has decided to keep it now and do some major upgrades. it was for sale for 2 months and no one had the money to buy it for even half of what we wanted for it.

we have been doing 1.8 60 foots with best of 12.68 at 109 with a 3.90 open rear. the stubbies held up and even the stock halfshafts, but its making alot of racket now as the rear is shot as well as the halfshafts.

Which were you shreading, the stubs or the half shafts?

It was halfshalts till i upgraded to the custom axles. I was thinking about custom billet stubs but that would ahve anly solved some of my problems.

I was running pretty consistent 1.6 60 foots when i started my tire/suspension tuning to get faster... thats when it all started :<

At any rate i think even with a relatively stock motor and a good clutch. A 5000 rpm launch will kill the stubs or axles in a stock rearend car.