HybridZ

Bought a 73 240Z!

ULISES

My brother bought this 240Z and I have been driving it for two days now.It feels great driving a Z after a little over two years without driving one.Mine has been garaged for the past two years.

The previews owner installed a mild cam,headers,pointless distributer,Exhaust and rebuilt the carbs.Its a 5spd too.It has very little surface rust on some areas.The interior needs some attention but looks ok.

240z006.jpg

240z003.jpg

240z004.jpg

240z009.jpg

240z007.jpg

Can't wait until my '73 is driveable... right now it is just a shell.

It is so nice to get back into an old car after some time off. I went about 6 months without driving my '68 Camaro and once I got back in the driver's seat... it just put a big smile on my face.

Guest TegRacer324

Nice this is actually the same weekend I bought my Z last year. It's also a 73. In a bit rougher shape though. I haven't exactly been able to drive it yet. Hahaha.

Those are two nice looking Zs (ULISES and BayAreaZT). Makes me miss driving my 71. I need to go see some guy about a 78 280Z. Story is that he had the car since 87 drove it until 91, bought a new car and parked the Z in the garage, and hasn't drove it since. The guy is a friend's buddy and he told me I can have the Z. The only issue is that he lost the pink slip and is lazy about going to the DMV even though his wife is getting on his back about getting rid of it. Does anyone know if it would be easy for me to go and title it without the owner's help? I heard that cars are dropped off the DMV system after like 5 years of not being titled and there wouldn't be any late fees. Is this true?

why did he install it if it was pointless?

j/k couldn't resist.

Great find! looks like a very clean z... is there an ls2 swap in the works for it as well?

that was the plan, I think we are just going to drive as a stocker for sometime and sell it for the same amount paid.

Guest ON3GO
Nice pickup. I know what you mean about driving a Z after a long layoff. Sold my last Z about 1 1/2 years ago. Picked up this '71 yesterday. Forgot how small S30s really are after driving my pathfinder for a year.

NOW THATS CLEAN!!!!

those 14's or 15's Wats?

mike

Guest ON3GO

well because of this thread and the help of V8dats i just put a offer on a 1974 (early) 260Z.. its green and pretty! + stock....... and will stay that way (maybe get webers but who knows).

ill find out soon if he takes my offer.

green Z's rule!

mike