HybridZ

Anyone ever bypass LT1 Throttle body cooling yet??

Yeah I have them capped off with vaccum plugs. I just didn't want anything getting in there. I don't think it matters though.

I think Mark means that the line that did go to the throttle body he now has going to a heater hose. I have the line going into my water pump on the drivers side.

Guy

Yeah I have the line thats coming off the back of the heads T'd into the lower radiator hose. The hose that was supposed to go into the throttle body is now going into the water pump.

I have the fittings on the throttle body capped off, not any coolant lines.

(just to clarify)

Guy

I have used flex tube for the radiator, There is no way to clap a tee into the flex hose.

I did buy the tee from JTR but finding a pre-made hose that would fit was next to impossible. So if I understand Mark correct, I can take the steam line from the back of the heads and tie it into the heater core line....

And if I read grummpyvettes chart correcly I can gain HP also!!!

If you are referring to bypassing the coolant flow through the throttle body... you can do that easily for about $5 all local pieces. I did that on my T/A. Some LT1s dyno as high as 6hp higher, depending on your temperature conditions. There is NO reason to NOT bypass it at all. It was originally designed to keep the throttle body from getting TOO cold and sealing shut in the winter. You WILL NOT have that problem, I would say, anywhere in the US (with the exception, perhaps, of alaska).

I will post pics from F-body forums...

I've been running with the throttle body holes plugged up and I ran the "vapor/steam" line to my reservoir to bleed out the air bubbles etc the same as the stock setup did. My mod was easy because I am using the stock radiator reservoir.

• 4 months later...
I've been running with the throttle body holes plugged up and I ran the "vapor/steam" line to my reservoir to bleed out the air bubbles etc the same as the stock setup did. My mod was easy because I am using the stock radiator reservoir.

Which leads to my question. Isn't the radiator reservoir vented to the atmosphere? Why wouldn't this mod cause the entire cooling system to be vented, making the radiator cap irrelevant? My head is hurting trying to understand this. :willy_nil