HybridZ

L28ET Oil Pump Options

thehelix112

The PN I was looking for, IE, the one for the L28ET auto pump is 15010-S8000 and courtesy sell them for less than the `nismo' pumps.

I have also got a reply about this in another forum which says the nismo comp pump is the same as the LD28 oil pump. Does anyone have a PN for this by any chance? So confusing.

Dave

There is a guy on ebay "texas????" selling what he claims to be an L28ET Oil Pump and he tells me the casting number is H-3, so I guess there must be bigger and or better when there is H-33 & H-4 pumps as well. And don't know which p/n corresponds to which casting number.

And if you do a search for the L28ET manual oil pump PN you also get results for the Z24. So there you go. I think I'll go order an auto L28ET pump and be done with it. Thanks for your help guys' date='

Dave[/quote']

Dave,

SWR or Stewart Wilkins Motorsport here in NSW has high volume oil pumps for sale NEW that he fits to all the 280ZX rally cars for AU$137.00.

The problem they have with them is the oil pressure (40psi @ idle) so they fit standard springs to the high volume pump and they work fine.

Good pressure at idle yet with the high volume supply.

Cheers,

Dennis

FYI, Don't ever install an oil pump without checking the lid to rotor clearance. The last three pumps that I installed didn't have enoung clearance. And the one pump that I didn't check, ate up the crank drive gear due to too much drag on the pump. It is easy to open up the clearance by lightly sanding down the tops of the rotors. You need 0.0015 to 0.0020" clearance between the lid and the rotors.

I use the melling cast iron pump turbo pump and it works great. It has slightly longer rotors but I'm not sure if the housing is any longer since I used the same bolts to mount it on the engine.

The oil weigh that you use should depend on the bearing clearances. Typically racing engines are set up with larger clearances and there tyipcally use thicker oil.

can't you by "performance springs" from MSA that you put in a standard oil pump that increase the pressure? I remember reading a thread about a guy that put the springs in and he was getting 90 psi at hot idel so he put back one of the standard springs and left one of the heavyer springs and presto change'o he had perfect oil pressure. Isn't the standard oil pump made out of aluminum? and wouldn't that be better for heat than a cast iron one?

To my knowledge, it isn't the OIL PRESSURE as much as the VOLUME of oil the turbo pumps distribute.

Oil pressure can be gained by packing the pressure relief valve spring with washers, but this doesn't increase the the amount of oil the pump can deliver.

Pyro,

My understanding of racing clearances was you use larger clearances so more oil flows across the metal, absorbing more heat and keeping the metal cool?

Also, with the clearances, its been a while since I looked at the pump, you can measure the clearances by sticking a feeler gauge down the oil outlet hole correct?

Oh and was the melling PN of your pump M-111? Just wanna make sure I've got that right.

While we're here, does anyone know the limit of the F54's internal oil feed gallery?

Thanks for the input guys,

Dave

• 4 months later...