HybridZ

400hp 2004 Cobra vs 350hp sbc z Who is quicker

I believe that the posted stock times werent any better then 12.9 at the very best.

There was one at the track last night and it was running consistent 12.9s @ 108. Pitiful, as that translate to about 375rwhp. Ironically, someone pulled in with a brand new Jeep Cherokee SRT8 and ripped off a 13.5!

If you are looking for advice on a race.... don't let him start from a roll, or anywhere near mid range of any gear. He will try to get you to do just that. Trust me I know, my buddy is always trying to get me to run him when he is at his sweet spots. That will be his only chance to beat you. His biggest disadvantage will be from a dead stop.

put it this way

i raced a cobra last night that puts down 450rwhp, with skinies up front and drag radials in the back and we went from a second gear roll and he put about 1 car on me. He traps 120mph+

I made 330whp on my lt1 in my 240z

If you have sticky tires/Drag radials then run them from a dig/stop as you are playing into their hands by running them from a roll. My friend who runs 12.20's has run one with approx. 450-475 rwhp and pulled him from a dig but from a roll he got caught at 90-100 mph.

Mike

I also wonder why the new Mustang is so heavy. We had a thread on this topic some months ago, actually. Probably the causes are (1) onboard gadgets that 80’s and even 90’s cars didn’t have, (2) safety equipment and safety-driven structural features that don’t improve chassis stiffness but do add weight, (3) insulation, sound-deadening equipment and other features to obtain the NVH (“noise, vibration and harshnessâ€) levels that modern consumers crave.

It’s curious that today’s midsize sedans and coupes weigh as much as 19’ barges from the 1960’s. If they built a Chevelle in 2009, it would weigh 5000 lbs!