HybridZ

What does this stand for?

zeiss150

Hey guys what does the DE stand for in RB26DET

and what does the RB stand for

I'm just wondering cause it's on all the new nissan engines i.e. vg30de/VQ35de

At least I know what the T stands for. timeing right? JUST KIDDING! turbo.

:burnout:

rb = race bred

26 = 2.6 l

d = DOHC

e = electronic fuel injection

tt = twin turbo

t = single turbo

The RB part is not really what it stands for... Not too sure what RB stands for though. There are a lot of rumors as to what RB actually stands for. But IMO I think it means inline block?

The "E" stands for ELECTRONIC ingnition.

Humm, I just reread my reply and noticed that I had shot myself in the foot, the "E" really stand for ELECTRONIC "INJECTION" and not ignition, I was probably tinking about something else at the time. Sorry.

E actually stands for Nissan ECCS

Electronic something or other... their ECU controlled EFI system.

Are you shure? Cause I don't tink that the "e" in L28e and L28et standed for ECCS back in the 80's.

Don't want to argue, just asking for better knoledge.

P.S.: who was the manufacturer of the firs nissan system, was it BOSCH?

Are you shure? Cause I don't tink that the "e" in L28e and L28et standed for ECCS back in the 80's.

Don't want to argue' date=' just asking for better knoledge.

P.S.: who was the manufacturer of the firs nissan system, was it BOSCH?[/quote']

and the E was used in the name for the redtop RB20s too, and they did not have ECCS. so i agree with alexideways

P.S.: who was the manufacturer of the firs nissan system, was it BOSCH?[/quote']

I think that Bosch did make the first FI system for the L28 I think it was called "jettronic" but that could be total bull$hit, I'm just kind of pulling that out of my butt.

So the "e" in l28e is for electronic injection?

Nissan ECCS has been around for a long time, no?

I was repeating something I read elsewhere years ago, about the E being for ECCS. If I am wrong, I blame my source. :mrgreen:

Bosch did make the Jet-tronic and K Jet-tronic.. not sure which the Z used, but I had an Audi 4000S back in the mid 90's that had K Jet-tronic on it. My friend who had a few Z's at the time let me borrow a book on the Bosch fuel injection when mine was broken.

I wouldn't call it electronic, thats for sure. Heh heh... its about as mechanical as electronic fuel injection can get. (speaking in terms of how modern EFI works)

I never use the term ECCS, though, I just say EFI to keep it simple when explaining the name of an engine to someone.