HybridZ

YAY! my first problem. MS not reading my 240SX TPS

Mack

well, that didnt last long. I have 5V getting to the TPS, and the signal line is clear from the DB37 to the TPS pigtail. every time I go to calibrate the TPS, I get a 254 ADC, whether its open, closed or somewhere inbetween. I know the TPS is good and the wiring is good. I can put a potentiometer on the DB37 on pins 22 and 26 and watch the resistance change as I push the gas pedal. Hell, I can even do it while Im trying to calibrate it. so, I know its getting power, the TPS is good and I even went as far as to pull the MS out and put it back on the stim to make sure nothing fried. operates just fine on the stim. TPS signal calibrates as it should.

anyone got any ideas???

Well, there may be a problem with your board.

But as we figured out, we had the TPS wired wrong and had to mess around with it to get the right signal to MS. 240SX TPS have 3 wires, correct? Confirm which one is ground and make sure it is connected to the MS ground wire, then test the other two (sounds like you've done that though)... you might try switching the two that aren't ground. Mine wouldn't read right one way, but worked fine the other way.