HybridZ

280zx tire help

Guest wakeboarder_37122

Guest wakeboarder_37122

i have a 79 zx with a 350 sbc and a purchased 15x8 wheels witha 0 offset. i was wonderdering what would be the best tire width/profile setup? i have searched but nothing really seemed to help.

How about this. 225-55-15. Width ways 215-225 ought to go you good I'd think and still look good, 235 if you want to really get a wide tire on there and still not look rediculous, the 225 will probably look the best IMO. Also the 225-55-15 ought to give you a sidewall height of about 2.5". If you want to retain a close to stock look. Then a 225-60-15 or 225-65-15 would also work. Personally I'd go with the 225-55-15. Might lower the car a smidge (.25" to .5"), but I like the look of a lower profile tire personally.

245's will fit in the back for sure. The front tires set below the lower spring perch so its not the springs that are the problem. (just keep the outside diameter close to stock) I'm pretty sure 235 or even 245 will fit fine up front too. The outter fender lip is where you might be coming close.

245/50/15? can you get that size tire?