HybridZ

Look at what I get to fix, because of someone

Are you welding in a panel, or an entire roof off a donor?

Ive decided to take this car to the crusher!!! J/K, Im going to weld in a patch from another z car and brace it from the bottom. Simply enough Ive done patches on planes alot harder than this, it just that its such a large patch!:(

I was talking to guy in the Pennysaver about a Z before I found mine. He was describing the car to me, and eveything sounded ok.... then I asked, why so cheap?

He said, oh yeah... its got a huge sunroof with the slide back vinyl in it that someone installed like 20 years ago or more.

I thanked him for telling me that over the phone, and politely declined coming to see the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Heres an update of the sunroof patch, I cut out the patch and rolled it in a slip roller for the edges. I put the patch in the slip roller just off of center and let it sit there for awhile. Ill spot weld it in this weekend and clean everything up.

I tried to put the pic on here but I guess its too big, so heres the link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goldenchild7801/detail?.dir=/bb1dscd&.dnm=aee2scd.jpg&.src=ph

The patch isnt flat, I actually got the shape down pretty good by eye balling the roof and making the patch at work, in the pic its over lapping on the passenger side/front so it doesnt fall through, Im taking my time with this job, i want to get the roof back to where it was before it was cut out