HybridZ

T56 Guys, check my info please!!!

If your tranny mount is to the dimensions in the JTR manual and you're mounting the engine as far back as possible, the tranny mount exhaust pipe humps are too wide to fit between the floor panels. The T56 mounting point is further back than most trannies. You'll need to do a lot of banging to widen the tunnel at that point. Or I can sell you the spare I had made. I'm running a turbocharged V8 and run a single 3.5" exhaust so I had to make a second mount with a wider hump on the right side.

Cheers!

UPDATE :

OK, got the car up on four jackstands (Just like Mikes Hulk :) ) and the CrapBox is out. Fun stuff. What a PITA it was to unbolt the flexplate. The ARP bolt heads were really close to the crank and it was rough getting a socket on them, let alone breaking them loose.

Needless to say, I got a lot accomplished the last couple days. Got, EVERYTHING to do with the R4 out of the car, Pilot bearing and flywheel installed, as well as retro-fitted my slave with the McLeod fitting, did a great job too if I do say so myself (now I just have to remember how to put it back together :) I'm just waiting on a couple more parts to complete the clutch setup (slave spacer and clutch line) Then I should have a GREAT time trying to stick this tranny on my own ;)

Who wants to make a wager?????? ;)

A) I stick the tranny on my own

or

B) I get fed up and quit until I get help

Either way, If I give up and wait till I find someone to help me, I'll just concentrate on getting this LSD installed. At least I KNOW I can do that on my own....!

Yeah buddy!!!!

Out with the old ....... In with the new!!!!

Marcus_0002.JPG

Hopefullly I'll have this tranny stuck this week!

Gotta Love this cramped worskpace!!

Marcus_0006.JPG

I don't think I'll have to clearance any more than I already have either!

Marcus_0003.JPG

All the extra 700R4 stuff --- Going to ebay as a package deal, hopefully I'll get half of what I paid for it.

Marcus_0010.JPG

Marcus_0015.JPG

UPDATE #569238620275

OK, so I stuck the tranny alone. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be or maybe I just got lucky.

And, ummmm yeah, I WILL need to clearance the tunnel just a tad bit more to make room for the slave fitting and hose. Maybe about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. We'll see tomorrow.

Ok, thinking of something different here. It looks like I need more room than originally planned on the slave side of things, so I was thinking of this. Would it be possible to mount the slave upside down? I know it's not a good idea for bleeding purposes but, what If I bleed it, and the flip it over? That way seems like I'll save myself some tunnel clearance.

Opinions?????

• 1 month later...

mind if I hijack for a minute? I may be doing a T5 to T56 swap. Will my flywheel, clutch and pressure plate work with the T56 or is something different about it.

Thanks and sorry for the hijack.

Jeff