HybridZ

which 5 speeds will bolt to a 280ZX L6

Guest dvanecek

Datsun Z 1977-83

810/Maxima 1977-84

trucks 1977-80

The 1977-78 200SX 5-speed as rare as it is will not work right. It is about 2 inches shorter and a much weaker transmission. (dog leg 5-speed) However, if you find one get it and sell it to 510 guys for big bucks.

The 5-speed was introduced in 1977 so older cars might have one but you'll have to check.

Guest dvanecek
with a little modification a 5-speed from any model 240sx will fit. . .

and now with an adaptor you can slap on a z32 300zx 5-speed. . .

What type of mods are required? are they required to attach it to the engine or install in the car. the reason I ask is this combo wil be going inot a model A ford, not a Z.

Guest dvanecek
I like where your going with this! I was planning to build a rod with my 280zx engine but I stumbled upon a cheap 240z before I started building.

Already have a su side draft set up and the engine. I plan on running a quickchange, or bango rear with 4.10 gears. hence the 5 spead. I'll keep ya posted.

What type of mods are required? are they required to attach it to the engine or install in the car. the reason I ask is this combo wil be going inot a model A ford, not a Z.

the modifications are required to bolt the tranny to the engine, but from the sounds of your project . . . a little tranny mod should be well within your ability. Do a search for "KA tranny" and you will find tons there and a respective search for "Z32 tranny"