HybridZ

Bill C-65: An Act To Amend The Criminal Code (street Racing)

dot

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/bills_ls.asp?lang=E&ls=c65&source=library_prb&Parl=38&Ses=1

For the Canadians among us. there is some interesting and debatable reading here. There is also some references to what other communities have done to deal with their issues. I don’t have much use for racing on the street (the track is nearby) but I do engage in some spirited driving from time to time. Is it racing if you’re alone?

Hey Clifton I feel that way as well, but I guess the logic is that when you are drinking and driving, your judgement is impaired, and you may be a reasonably safe driver when not under the influence, but if you are racing on the streets, then you are a danger to yourself and others behind the wheel even when sober and thinking "rationally", hence the stiffer penalty. Here in Tampa the first time street racing offence is worse than a 2nd offence DUI, we call them the Fast and the Furious regulations, becauese they came out hot on the heels of that milestone of tuning culture that so helped further the cause...