HybridZ

broken stub axle???

nazar

well driving home one day i lost connection in my drivetrain, and had to get towed

If i put it in gear and try to drive off, i just hear a loud metalic tapping noise. It just doesnt move

I jacked it up in the air and it goes through the gears and spins the tires, seems like when theres load it lets go

BUT, in the air, if i give it gas hard, i can see the rear wheel almost move out, and then come back in when i let off

is this a burned up stub axle???? Visually the drivetrain seems to be intact, driveshaft, halfshafts, cv's...etc

Is it the stubbies?

Are you running drum or disc in the rear? Typically on a drum setup a broken stub will mean the loss of the wheel and tire. A disc brake setup will retain it in place and would probably have a lot of the symptoms you describe.

Mike

I can't believe you jacked the car up and then ran it if you suspected something broken in the driveline.

BUT, in the air, if i give it gas hard, i can see the rear wheel almost move out, and then come back in when i let off

You win the prize for the dumbest move of the week. Image what would have happened if that rear wheel came off while spinning at some huge rpm... :icon56:

Try jacking the car up and removing the wheels, brakes, etc. and checking for broken parts.