HybridZ

Stop me if you've heard this one:

veritech-z

The WTF!? hits just keep on coming:

2jz2000gt815xr.jpg

2jz2000gt218np.jpg

2jz2000gt50wu.jpg

2jz2000gt48kt.jpg

I had to steal these from an old celica forum, I've spent the whole afternoon searching for the original website (which I know to exist, it's some Japanese tuning shop) which I can't seem to find right now. This is a late 60's Toyota 2000gt(for those who don't know) with a 1jz-gte supra engine swapped in. A car that would routinely sell for over 100,000 dollars with the value sent straight down the drain. This is why I don't have unlimited resources, because I'd be doing the same thing...

I was looking a little closer, and there doesn't seem to be a turbo on that engine, so I'm not so sure it's a 1jz anymore...I was shown the site by a guy at my old job that was putting a 2jz-gte into an s13 coupe, and I don't remember the site name...It was full of retarded swaps like that, and as soon as I find it, I'll add it unless somebody beats me to it.

I'm really surprised that we haven't seen any rebody kits to make one of these out of something else like with the ferrari body z's. Surely you could get a z to look like that without too much more trouble than a GTO conversion, and I personally would think it would be a cooler setup...plus you'd have more room for turbo than a real 2000gt evidently does. The problem with trying to get an undesirable early 80's toyota celica/supra to look like that is all their Transformers style rooflines, you'd pretty much have to build your own, or do a You Only Live Twice style convertable...

I'm really surprised that we haven't seen any rebody kits to make one of these out of something else like with the ferrari body z's. Surely you could get a z to look like that without too much more trouble than a GTO conversion, and I personally would think it would be a cooler setup...plus you'd have more room for turbo than a real 2000gt evidently does. The problem with trying to get an undesirable early 80's toyota celica/supra to look like that is all their Transformers style rooflines, you'd pretty much have to build your own, or do a You Only Live Twice style convertable...

I don't know about getting a Z to look like that. The side windows and quarter windows would make it hard to believe. The front clip would be easy to make, but then you have to match it up to the lines of the Z. Thats what makes the GTO conversion unrealistic on a Z, the doors.

The doors and rear quarter window would break this kit for sure, but I have to say that the 2000gt looks sick from both front and rear. I don't know what car would be better, i'm seeing a lot of e-type in the rear quarter view, at least superficially. I've never liked the Z ferrari, but I think I could get behind a 2000gt replicar.

that is the only thing that I don't like about the doors...they are really flat. Look at teh doors on that car!!! they are round like an E-type. I like the fenders without a lip and just turning under. I was thinking of doing something like those fog lights on a Z...except with Bimmer headlights. it would help fill in the first gen's huge mouth.

I'm not really liking those rear turn signal bulges though.

• 3 months later...

Man that is nice and those guys have way too much money to burn. I am trying to put in pop up lights in to my GNose some how. There was a Z in Okinawa in the 80s that had them and it look cool as hell. They were a little square type panels that flipped up when lights were turned on. I wonder what the best headlight assembly to use would be. Ill have to research. I think RX7 is too big. May have to fabricate something with a smaller square light housing.

Terry

It may be easier to convert an OPEL GT. Look at the lines here in the link I provided. The front is half way there already and the other lines are very close. Just a little smaller but a V8 will fit easy like this one has. This car is from my hometown of which I have raced before. Beat her time with a 150 shot.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/533777/2829352/95335299.jpg

Terry