HybridZ

With my DATSUN jacket...

CruxGNZ

if my car was clean enough to begin with maybe i would have attempted an OEM restoration but... that surely wasnt the case! me just sticking with my carbed L28 is purist enough for me. i think "to each his own" and for that guy to give you that look and leave just bothers me. whatever.

as far as the jackets, only the patches were for sale. there was a group buy here for them a while back and i dont think they are available anymore. you can try ebay for the patches then just go directly to http://www.dickies.com and choose the jacket and put it on! 2thumbs.gif

Guest iskone

Last time I talked to the guy making the patches I think he said the ywere making more Datsun patches. Here is his Ebay Store looks like he has some.

On a side note he is also making some kick butt "Warriors" patches, I've already got the proofs and they look sick!!!

Isk

Guest tony78_280z
I always tell purists that my Z cars were already rusted out/patched up/molested when I got them so I never had a chance to be stock in the first place...it's true but it's a pretty good excuse too.
Or tell them it is a 2+2. Then they fully understand.

I think the Patches would look cool on one of these jackets.

http://www.rtretro.com/index.html

I actually have one of my dad's older drag race jackets. It's made by Worth, but after looking around on Google, I can't seem to find the company. Anyway, ebay is bound to have some older fire proof racing jackets floating around. Mine is blue and has two vertical white stripes going up the right front side. It is already decked out with his stuff though, and I think he'd die if I put anything other than a Chevy patch on it.

I have had several encounters with purists who initially tell me they like the looks of my Z' date=' but then quickly assert they would never deviate from bone-stock with theirs.

I usually respond by saying that I'm sorry to hear that.[/quote']

I use almost the exact same answer. Really leaves a funny look on their face.