HybridZ

How do you remove Crank Timing Pulley?

RB26240Z

I removed the front pulley fron the RB26, and there is another pulley which the belt goes around. How can I remove that ? so I can pull the oil pump out.

I looked in the R32 manual that I have, but didn't see any reference to it.

Thanks

Henry

I used a steering wheel puller, basically a bar that has two slots in it and a threaded center section that has a bolt in it. You run two bolts through the slots, into the threaded holes in the front of the pulley and then run the center bolt down until it pulls the pulley off.

Chris Rummel

Are you talking about the pulley with the teeth that the timing belt goes around? cuz, I don't think there are any threaded holes. The pulley has the threaded holes and is completely out, the piece that I am talking about is smaller and right on the crank.

Thanks for the reply

Henry

or... you cuss, swear and go to your local Nissan dealer, leave a depost for the special tool need to remove the damn thing. It's the same one they use for the VG30's :fmad:

Dan,

The gear on the RB26 crank I sold you came off with my bare fingers. I started to push 2 screw drivers behind it and just slid off.

Since you were taking apart a RB20, are you building a RB24 by any chance?

Shhhhh..... ;)

BTW' date=' CP will make the pistons for $700.00, alot cheaper than the Tomie's $$$$$[/quote']

god damn thats good news, i was gonna do just a basic rebuild next year because i could not afford the tommei kit, now i might just get these and get the instuctions from someone else on where to recess the block for the GTR bottom end.

oh and i am getting some nice 260/270 cams for it too.

• Administrators
god damn thats good news, i was gonna do just a basic rebuild next year because i could not afford the tommei kit, now i might just get these and get the instuctions from someone else on where to recess the block for the GTR bottom end.

From what I understand the block just needs to be notched at the bottom of the piston bores to clear the rods, about 1-2 mm of metal needs to be removed.

My machine shop dude quoted me ~$175.00 to hot tank, check, bore, hone and clearance the block.